What did you do to your camaro today

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Overdrive Member

I need a welder too. Ever notice how many of your posts now revolve around your new toy? I'm jealous.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:14 PM
3rd Gear Member

i painted my rear end. I didn't use perfect prep work but i did sand it and removed most of the grease. It's better than nothing and looks alot better
Name:  rear.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  18.5 KB

Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM
2nd Gear member

Basically looked at it and thought this will have to wait till it is warmer. Runs great but the breaks keep bleeding off. Think I need a new master cylinder.

Ive been spending all my time working on my 79 C10. Saving up for an Air Ride kit. I have been working on the startup settings for the fuel injection. Finally seem to have it starting pretty good. I am running Tune-Port off a 92 Camaro and a megatune ecu.

Think I am going to climb under it today and take the reducer out of the speedo cable. Hoping that will get my speedo a little closer. Truck had 2:89's I put in 4:11. Speedo is about 52% off.

Very happy with the cam and AFR heads. The truck has come to life. Hoping to get the bags soon, and get it painted before spring. Then its back to work on the Camaro.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:06 AM
2nd Gear member

I have the equus white face gauges from O'Reilly's in both my C10 and Camaro. I love them.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:15 PM
In the Staging Lanes

prayed for my camaro to get out of the body shop. It has been in there since june and I am getting anxious to get her back

Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
I need a welder too. Ever notice how many of your posts now revolve around your new toy? I'm jealous.
Yeah, the Austin gets most of my time and attention these days! But with some really nice weather yesterday I did take the Camaro for an hour long drive around town! Felt good to get her back out and dust the cobwebs off!
But today I received the steering joints and drag link from Speedway, so I rushed out to the "tent" and welded up my steering linkage and installed the drag link.
Took two U-joints and a heim joint to snake it around the engine and motor, but it came out as close to perfect as I can get!
Name:  steer2.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  61.1 KB
Name:  steer1.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  58.4 KB

As you can see I got the headers back on with gaskets, so this is the final time for them to go on. Also got the steering wheel supported and in place. Recognise the steering column support? It's a connecting rod off a Lambordini generator motor fro our motor sshop at work. It was blown up so I snatched the rod and welded a little tiny muffler clamp on the end after cutting off the piston end. Used to see hotrods done that way back in the 60's often, so it wasn't an original idea, just resurrected.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I finished up installing my ignition system. Now it sounds less like a lynx with a head cold and more like a pissed-off tiger.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:50 AM
Overdrive Member

LOL don't wanna know what a pissed of tiger sounds like.

Love the con rod idea Vall.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Dj Aztek
hey guys What did you do to your camaro today . i gave mines a real long overdue wash.
I just looked at it, cursed that It was raining out so I couldn't drive it then walked away

Old 11-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

We had our monthly get together at Voo Doo Donuts, and the weather was sunny, but it had rained all night so I left the Camaro at home. Nice turnout, but way too many Mopars! They must ahve gotten together before to plan this!
Got home and decided to tinker some on the Austin and maybe paint the firewall, but got carried away again. Pulled the master cyl. off for paint, then built the braces to stiffen up the firewall and installed them. Got the master back on and built the support brace to got to the dash for the pedal assembly.
Relocated my hinge location for the tilt frontend, and laid out the Dzus fastener locations to hold the frontend closed. Drilled them and welded the receiver plates for the Dzus fasteners. Installed the radiator and painted the inside of the tilt frontend. Found a Malibu wagon at the wrecking yard yesterday that I snatched the tailgate support cables off of. I drilled and tapped the frame and bolted them on my tilt front to stop it when it's fully open.
I also picked up a couple halogen headlights that use the new lamps and sockets so I can rework the sockets to fit my original Austin headlights. Mine use an old 6 v. threaded lamp that can't be converted, so I'll drill out the old sockets with a holesaw and pop rivet the new ones in to make them accept late model lamps.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your camaro today