TURBO CHARGING A 2nd gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Default TURBO CHARGING A 2nd gen

OK. I could not find another post about turbo charging.. but o well. so heres my problem. i got a very nice black 77. and i blew the 305 up like 4 yrs ago and my dad put a 72 c-10 350 in it while i was in korea. its got a th-350 and a few other mods on the motor. so ive decided what i want to do.. i wanna make power but i also want it to be streetible and well behaved so a turbo set up is going to be my choice. twin t3t4 hybrid turbos will be pushing air into a blow through 750cfm demon carb. my problem im running into is not compression or internals, i need to understand how all it works and what forced induction does to a v8. i know howit works on I4s cuse ihave atuner also. ok nuff beating around the bush here. how does a hei points dist work with a force inducted engine. does it need to be advanced or what.. im at a toltal loss here. i got evrything else picked out from turbo to rebuild kits to gears. but im not going to spend 1k on a msd dist. also.. i cant find turbo headers that fit a 2g.. ill have to flip the headers otherwise if i dont find one. thanksfor reading my novel here, i hope to hear from some one thats done this before.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Default RE: TURBO CHARGING A V8

serosly.. is there no one that has any idea how to get this right.. if youve ever done a roots or a centrifugal that used aHEI points distributer ide like to have your input. please if you have any advice for anything that might go wrong here give me your input.