Questions about my 73 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 07:26 PM
Default Questions about my 73 Camaro

I recently inherited a 1973 Camaro 350 from my grandfather. This vehicle has been in my family for over 20 years, and has always been garage kept, and well taken care of. With 126k original miles, everything on it is original, down to the license plate cover, interior and exterior is flawless, and it is still in great running condition. It has a black, vinyl-like top, and a rear oval window, which to my understanding, are rare cosmetic features. In all my years of searching, I have yet to find a picture online of one like it.

Since I was a kid, I always loved this car, although I never knew much about it. I am interested in obtaining some more concrete info about this car, i.e. rarity, the oval window, desirability, potential, and any other info anyone can provide me with.

I am actually interested in selling this car, as I am still young, and looking to use the money I can get to start a small business. That has always been the plan, and what my grandpa wanted me to do with it. The last thing I want to do is ask to much, and have no one interested, and at the same time, I don't want to lose out on potential sale value by asking to little. I am just looking to figure out a fair asking price, with some room for negotiation.

Anything anybody can tell me about this car would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say, and to what more I can learn about this car. ANY info is helpful, and again, appreciated. Thanx to everyone in advance!!

Old 08-26-2013, 07:27 PM

If anyone is interested in speaking with me via telephone, or if you are interested in making an offer, let me know and I will email you my cell phone number. I also have a video recorded on my mobile phone that is a complete walk-through of the car...I can send this to you upon request as well.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

In 74 there was what was called the "Mini Vette" package, that had the opera window like that. Don't know though whether is was available as a dealer add on, or by a company that the owner would go to. Also wasn't aware they did that in 73 too, unless it was during a transition period.
You're the second one here with that rare addition, assuming yours was the same and not just a later add on: https://camaroforums.com/forum/70-81...-window-73283/

Last edited by Camaro 69; 08-26-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:15 PM

Thanks a lot @Camaro69...that's the closest thing I have seen to mine, but still no cigar. I KNOW that mine is not a mini vett package, and I know that the window is not aftermarket as well. Although I have never been able to find a picture of another Camaro like mine, I did once find an article saying that in 73, there were 28 cosmetic options available, although only 8 were printed/published in the manuscript. As a result, there are very few examples, of Camaros with some of these features; i.e. my full vinyl top, and the opera window. My grandpa was the second owner, and was friends with the first. I KNOW the Camaro came from the dealer as it sits, and was told from my grandpa, that the original owner said, "according to the dealer, my car is 1/40 that has the back window." I will try and find the article I read and post it.

The mini vett package in the other post, wasn't very aesthetically pleasing. Personally, I feel that my Camaro is much better looking, than the one in that post. What does everyone else think? Does anyone feel that the opera window or full black vinyl top, hurt the look of the car? Or are these features that one would desire, or at the very least not mind?? Would you be willing to pay more for the vehicle just on the basis that it has two rare cosmetic features (if given proper proof and documentation, of course)?? Im curious to hear some opinions and some of what other people think.