Need a 1981 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Default Need a 1981 Camaro

I am an accident reconstructionist from College Station TX. I need to locate a 1981 Chevy Camaro that I could use to test brake line pressure. The test would be conducted by a professional mechanic and the owner would be compensated for the use of his vehicle. Tel 979.696.6681

Old 12-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Need a 1981 Camaro

you do realize that this reads like one of the Nigerian 419 scams....

Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 AM

Im kinda looking for a 1981 Camaro thats in pretty good shape for like 4000 on under

Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 AM

Thats funny, I didnt realize the Nigerians were interested in conducting brake pressure tests on 1981 Camaros. But to clarify, we are an Engineering firm out of College Station, Texas. Adamson Engineering has been conducting accident reconstructions and crash tests for about 25 years. Feel free to look us up on the web, or give me a call so that I can provide our credintials.

What we need to do is to measure the brake pressure on a 1981 Camaro, so that we can compare it to the brake pressure we measured on a vehicle that was involved in a crash. We are using an eximplar vehicle as we can not find published data on what the brake pressure should be.

If someone has a 1981 Camaro, we would come to you, conduct the measurements and compensate you for the use of your car; we dont expect someone to go through the trouble for free.

Brent Munyon
979-696-6681

Old 12-29-2007, 07:11 PM

Calm down already!..it was a joke!!...just seemed funny that a new user with one post would promise that the owner "would be compensated for the use of his vehicle" I've actaully had scammers from africa try and buy (scam) my car and a laptop that I listed on ebay. They would have like to send me a "certified" check for twice what my vehicle was worth...I was supposed to ship them my car and I could keep the difference. How nice of them!!!

Anyhow, you guys being engineers will realize that over the last 25 years, pretty much everything pertianing to the braking system on the '81 will have been changed from original and most likely the entire braking system will be aftermarket. Drums, rotors, and brake pads are all going to be made out of slightly different materials. The master cylinder will likely be aftermarket as will the calipers and wheel cylinders. If it is going to court any good lawywer will pick up on that, therefore, putting a reasonable doubt as to the accuracy of your presure related findings.

I guess you could get around this by putting all of the parts from the wrecked car onto the donor car and perform the test.

I'm sure someone out here must have an '81 you can test on. You never did mention how much you are willing to "compensate" the owner. Maybe by letting us know, someone will come out of the 'woodwork' for you.

Also, If I had a collectable car, I would be very leary of having a stranger come by to "check it out"...then to have them say "It's not going to work for us"...then 2 weeks later it's stolen.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I do not know this brent guy, but I understand what he is doing. They can calculate the hydralic pressure all day even calulate the estimated drag from the seals.If they do not back that up with this test then people can question it. In court with a jury it would go like, Here we did all thesecalculation and just to be surewe found a good example of wellmaintained car samemake, modeland year andwe measured itjust to be sure our calculations are right.

Don't knock this, someone here has a chance to make a few bucks, these guys charge a lot for there service and have a lot of resources. I stayed over one night at the dealership I worked at and we dissassembled awreched Corvette.A friend andIdid the disassembly they hada guy there tagging and photographing everthing. It was a little stressful knowing someone died init. They made it worth our time. Infact I think it was most per hour I ever made working on a car.

I would not worry to much about the aftermarket parts altering the test. Even aftermaket parts have to meet a spec. If they do not the manufacture would be takingover the liabilty ofthe brakedesign. Don't expect them to tell you anything about the case. Yu just show up they disconnect a couple brake line put in ainline preasure test in a couple spots bleed out the brakes a few times. a few hours later you drive away with a check.