Kick Panel and Speaker Question 76 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2022, 10:18 PM
Default Kick Panel and Speaker Question 76 Camaro

Hello,

I've started my 76 Camaro project, and am thinking about which way to go with it.

My first issue is that I want to install front speakers. I bought a front kick panel set, but now am re-considering since the speakers in the new kick panel would disable the front vents permanently.

I currently have a non AC system so I have the kick panels with the vents, but was considering installing AC.

Here are my questions: Do the vents in the kick panels provide enough airflow to not need AC (I live in the NW)? What other options would I have for installing front speakers in the car? I'm going back and forth about keeping the vents or not. I think they way they work is kind of cool, but if I do keep them I'll probably want to see if I can go without AC.

The speakers I want to install are 6.5 inch, but can go smaller if absolutely needed.

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2022, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by petreussg
Hello,

I've started my 76 Camaro project, and am thinking about which way to go with it.

My first issue is that I want to install front speakers. I bought a front kick panel set, but now am re-considering since the speakers in the new kick panel would disable the front vents permanently.

I currently have a non AC system so I have the kick panels with the vents, but was considering installing AC.

Here are my questions: Do the vents in the kick panels provide enough airflow to not need AC (I live in the NW)? What other options would I have for installing front speakers in the car? I'm going back and forth about keeping the vents or not. I think they way they work is kind of cool, but if I do keep them I'll probably want to see if I can go without AC.

The speakers I want to install are 6.5 inch, but can go smaller if absolutely needed.

Thanks!
They do move some air. Now mind you I have a non A/C 78. And the car is a sun roof car. But I've never sweat when moving. Now I have 6.5" speakers in the doors but I didn't put them in. Was done long ago. But if I replace the door card in it I'm going to do the kit that replaces the dash speaker. Much like I did with my gen 1 Dodge truck. And those work really good.