been away for a bit

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 04:05 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks guys it has been a rough time but every doctors visit he has the doctors say he is doing better and better every visit. Crazy when you think your all alone with a problem like this with your child. And to come on a fourm and here that most of us have all had a scare with a child at some point. Just glad that they stories i have herd most tune out ok.

Either way glad to be getting back to normal again and glad to be back on here

Old 12-10-2011, 08:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Great news! I'm sure that's the best Christmas present of all for you and your bride.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by exlimey
great news! I'm sure that's the best christmas present of all for you and your bride.

for sure!!!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:21 PM
3rd Gear Member

welcome back,glad to see ur sons doing better all the time,i know exactly how u feel i lost my son at 10 months old he had rare genetics disease,spent basically his whole life in UofM hospital,trying to find a cure but never happened,lost him 5 days before x-mas in 1991.glad to see ur sons doing good i will pray for him everyday.in hopes he has a good full recovery.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Overdrive Member

Thats horrible. It would kill me. I'm not the suicidal type but I would not care to live.

Old 12-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by 77nomad
Thats horrible. It would kill me. I'm not the suicidal type but I would not care to live.
Glad my parents made it through the same thing! Lost my older brother Kenneth when he was 12 to a wreckless driver who killed him when he was riding his bike on the sidewalk. Had they not gotten through the pain there's 4 others of us born after him that wouldn't be here today!
I can't imagine what it was like. They spoke often about him, but rarely about how they got through it. It was a lesson to me about how careless driving can affect more than just us, and also about how to live for others, not just ourselves.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Overdrive Member

My high school buddy lost his 16 year old son a couple years back. He had some sort of seizure at school on a Friday. They sent him to the hospital were they found nothing wrong. The next day my buddy and my brother were out in the woods deer hunting waiting for Brandon to come up to the property. They got a call from his exwife saying Brandon had crossed the center line driving up there. Him along with a grandmother and baby in the van he hit head on all passed.

My buddy was his sons baseball coach his whole life. When Brandon would move up John would move up too. He was one of the best pitchers in the state. They buried him in his uniform. Very sad. The only time the song "Fred Bear" made me cry. It was played at the funeral.

There were allegations that he was texting while driving. People just wouldn't show any respect. John hit the bottle pretty hard for about a year. Then he married his girlfriend, who he had been broken up with for a while. They just had a baby and I hear she is pregnant again.

So I guess wounds heal. I hope I never find out.