been away for a bit

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 01:21 AM
1st Gear Member
Default been away for a bit

Hello every one been crazy summer so i have not been on a lot. My sone was born august 19th as soon as he was born he was rushed off to doctors. Before i knew it he was being shipped to Hamilton McMasters hospital for sick kids. He was born with a bad heart and could not get the blood to pump. After a few days there they sent him to Toronto Sick Kids hospital where he went threw a heart operation to fix the valves in his heart. So for the first ten days of his life we watched him threw a glass box. He is home now and doing much better so thats what a lot of my time has been lol. But i see a lot of post on all your guys progress and wow looks awesome. As for me been working on a few things this summer and have not had much time to work on the camaro as much as i would of liked to. But i did manage to make it to 4 shows this summer and did alright i think. I took a second place at a big show here and then a first place at a smaller show got my first trophys since i have done my car.

Here are a few pics of my son and some of the camaro

Name:  Picture054.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  125.6 KB
Name:  Picture057.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  85.3 KB
Name:  Picture066.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  108.3 KB
Name:  Picture071.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  104.3 KB

And here is the camaro the first pic was a photo done by the mayor or wainfleet ont where one of the car shows was

Name:  Picture046.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  90.2 KB
Name:  Picture099.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  113.8 KB

But just wanted to see how everyone was doing and will try to be on some more now that my crazy summer is over

Old 11-29-2011, 01:31 AM
I Like to Party

Beautiful baby, im sorry to hear about the difficulties you all went through but glad to see he's okay welcome back to the forums!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Glad you're back and your son is doing better! Hope his health continues to improve!
Congrats on the trophies!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Glad he's ok My little sister had similar issues so i know the stress of it.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM
I Like to Party

Originally Posted by BudBrown
Glad he's ok My little sister had similar issues so i know the stress of it.
Glad she turned out okay bro.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks everyone! Yes the stress was hard and took a toll on my wife and I But he seems to be doing better every day. He will have some rough patches threw out his life but will be well monitored

Thanks Again

Old 11-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Overdrive Member

WOW, sorry to hear that. My kids are the only thing that get me choked up. I can't imagine. My 3ry old has to have surgery in April and I'm already losing sleep over it. I'm glad the little guy is doing better.

Congrats on the trophies!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new little guy and I'm glad he's doing well. I know the feeling, my son was in neonatal ICU for a few days and it scared the heck out of me. I hope you keep us up on his progress, pictures too.....kids are way more important than our cars!

Congrats on the trophies too!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Went through lots of years of health problems with my youngest son. Born with a broken leg and collar bone. After some tests it was determined he had osteogenesis imperfecta, which is a brittle bone disease that is incurable. Doctors said if it was bad enough his growth would be stunted and he'd be in a wheelchair his whole life.
He went through many years of broken bones from mishaps that most of us wouldn't even get a bruise from. Lost track of how many bones, or trips to ER over his childhood, but somehow he always made it through, and eventually outgrew it. His last broken bone was when he was 17, and that's 20 yr. ago.
He has some lingering effects with a small limp, but is about 5'10", so pretty much hard to tell his medical past, except for some scars from surgeries. They say he'll come back into it when he gets old, but no telling at what age that will begin. His mother had it too, and at nearly 60 doesn't have any signs yet.
Kids are pretty resilient and can surprise you (and the doctors) with what they can overcome!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Good to have you back, and good to hear your son is doing well. It seems the more people you talk to, the more experiences like that there are. Due to a complicated pregnancy, my son was born 11 weeks early, and weighed 1.5 pounds. For a size reference, he could fit in the palm of my hand, and my wedding ring made for a sloppy fitting bracelet on him. My wife was bed-ridden in the hospital for a month prior, and our son was in neonatal ICU for 3 months. That was over 21 years ago, and he's a healthy guy, other than still having the build of a toothpick!