attention all 2nd gen owners noob here

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:13 PM
BackseatBob
Default RE: attention all 2nd gen owners noob here

For crying out loud, 18mpg is bad? pfff, I don't get that much. '75 Camaro gets 16 on a good day, runs well with 182,000 miles on it, factory 350 engine. Sputters a bit but that's because the previous owner rebuilt the carburetor and I don't think he did it all perfectly right, but I'm planning on getting that stuff for it anyway...
Now, my truck on the other hand, crate 350, 260 horse, gets 14 mpg in a REALLY good day. And go figure, that's my daily driver, I need it for hauling cookies for work. I'd be very happy if I was getting 18 mpg...

Old 10-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Default RE: attention all 2nd gen owners noob here

I would certainly recommend getting a 2nd gen. Cheap parts plus I think they look cool.

Mine isn't a daily driver right now but it probably will be starting in the spring. I've never had it break down or anything. To be honest, I don't even really know how many miles are on it, either. The guy I bought it from said the motor had 40k, but it's not documented so who knows. The odometer doesn't work either. Considering those factors, I'm extremely happy with how strong she runs.

As others have said, though... don't expect alot of MPG. It's the sacrafice you have to make to drive a nice car (usually, anyway).

Old 08-10-2009, 07:40 AM

I own a 79 it gets 18 on average lol. Thing is A tank i live in Alaska so cold winters and harsh roads make it a trip just taking it out. I have studs on the original rims and slicks for the summer. only 88,000 mi on the motor and its still the original one. This car has never had any major over hauls, the only things I did was rims, oil changes(duh), dual exhaust, paint,battery,belts, spark plugs, and a new clutch. other wise everything is still original. hell even my factory radio works. so hope that helps 2nd gens are really awesome definitely head turners.