Another step closer!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 PM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by 1971BB427
I'm not sure i can find those yellow wheels and a little yellow costume for me to wear?
That's where a few spray cans and those fabrication skills come into play haha.By the way cars lookin very nice.Not sure how much the seats are going for on ebay but summit and jegs both have their brand seats which are simulated leather racing style seats for around $189 each,i had a set in my last camaro and they are very comfortable.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 AM
3rd Gear Member

My paint sure reflects the garage door overhead!
i go to next level hot rods too

Old 02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Well I don't go to Next Level Hotrods, but he was very nice about answering my questions anytime I stopped by, so I put his sticker on the window to help him advertise. I figure anyone who takes their time to freely help me deserves some free advertising.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
2nd Gear member

Well I don't go to Next Level Hotrods, but he was very nice about answering my questions anytime I stopped by, so I put his sticker on the window to help him advertise. I figure anyone who takes their time to freely help me deserves some free advertising.
there aint many people like that left in this world. i love helping out business that really love to help me. i got a music store i hand out coupons and stuff cause he sells me cassettes and is a real nice guy. drives a 3rd gen firebird too!

also my local shucks they been real nice and taken good care of me with advice.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Yea, I'd put a NAPA sticker on the car if their stickers weren't so ugly! They've seen so much of me that the manager told me he gives me a discount just because I'm "such a good customer!"
Not sure if that's good news or not? I need to start adding up my NAPA receipts, and see how much I am spending!
On that same subject; I've got every receipt for every part I ever bought for my Camaro in the last 37 yrs. Including the receipt for the car when I bought it in 1973! I've done this with other cars before and after the Camaro, and always passed them on to the next owner when I sold them. Guess my son gets a big bag of receipts someday!

Old 02-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I got more good weather today, so I began prepping the engine for new pulleys. I pulled the power steering pump and installed the new lines I had in the parts bin. Then cleaned the pump good and repainted it satin black.
My friends at NAPA had a case lot sale and with my new discount I got 12 cans of brake cleaner for $1.75 a can! Love brake cleaner for cleaning parts that are off the engine, but I stay clear of the paint or under the hood with it.
Got the steering pump all cleaned up and repainted, now I need to get the pulley kit ordered, replace the water pump with a long pump, and repaint the front of the engine before I install the kit.
Gave the old girl her first bath since the new paint today! Figured after 2 1/2 months of curing the paint must have gassed out enough to be cured. Once the weather is good for a whole day I'll give her the first wax job too.
Also found the first chip in the paint! Front tires toss rocks up and they bounce right off the rock guard coating he put on the lower body, but one caught the bottom edge of the driver's door and did a tiny chip. Had to get the touch up paint he gave me out and touch it up. Can't have those chips this early in the game!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Ordered the billet brackets, but decided not to go with the serpentine belts as I am not having problems with the V belts. I ordered everything to set up for a long water pump, so my alternator can tuck in closer to the head, and not outside the edge of the head. I'll be using the Weiand aluminum high volume long water pump, so regular rotation, and regular pulleys. Had to get a billet crank pulley to match the long pump.
I'm also changing the exhaust system to the Summit 2.5" that exits out the back bumper area. Getting tired of the system I have that dumps at the rear axle. It gets pretty smelly on nice days with the windows down, and this should not only cure that problem, but also make it a little quieter in the cabin.
The Summit billet system and exhaust kit was also less than the price of the Billet Specialties serpentine system alone! So that frees up more funds for other ideas!

Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

I like the look of the v-belt system better on our older bb's. Do you have a link to the parts you got on summit. I'd like to see them.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Overdrive Member

Keep us posted on that exhaust. Maybe some pics too. I'm still on the fence on which exhaust to get and would love to see the summit kit. You going to run an x-pipe?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned
Location: Raised in Tilton NH now residing in Kings Mountain KY

Oh, and by the way, I wish you would reconsider the ROTM nom. I think you deserve it and I think it might help people get more involved. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Another step closer!