which air filter canister to get for air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008 | 09:02 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: which air filter canister to get for air filter?

and they can get you what you need,and can help you with any more question you have or you can just pm me,oh and what kind of camaro do you have what year,motor,trans and how many miles does it have.oh and congradulations onthe camaro

Old 08-15-2008 | 09:03 PM
|
3rd Gear Member

ok i will. thanks. would it be worthwhile to get a performance ignition system?

oh and my car has trouble starting/turning over sometimes when its really hot, would replacing those things fix that?

Old 08-15-2008 | 10:06 PM
2nd Gear member

maybe, its all what you want try replacing all of the stuff we talked about first and if you still think you need it then you could but if your car is stock then you really wont notice it.

Old 08-15-2008 | 10:09 PM
2nd Gear member

first replace all the stuff we talked about,it sounds li9ke you timing might be off a little you might want to check the timing,but first replace all the old parts,then get a timing light and check your timing,there should be a sticker under the hood that tells you what it should be set at.

Old 08-17-2008 | 10:23 PM
3rd Gear Member

If it's not turning over when hot it's probably the timing but can be other things. Just get a timing light and try that first. From the sounds of it it would be too far advanced if it's starting hard. You can get a distributor and upgrade kit from summit or JEGs if you want also and just do it all at one time.

I saw that you want a new radiator. I was having problems with my temp when I first put in my rebuilt engine because the radiator wouldn't handle it worth a flip. I bought a universal Griffin aluminum radiator and prothane mounts for it and it fit pretty decently. It's not a stock fit but for almost 400 bucks less than the direct replacement for Griffin's cheapest one for my car I think it's a decent trade off. I also don't hit over 170 degrees whereas before I was turning my coolant to vapor almost as soon as I hit higher RPMs. That poor little stock radiator just couldn't handle it. This is the one I bought...

a 14 x 3 K&N Airfilter is E-1650
and can be bought at most autopart stores.

Old 08-18-2008 | 12:51 AM
2nd Gear member

also if it does not start when the motor is hot. it could be the starter motor. sometimes when the starter gets to hot the solenoid gets stuck and it wont crank. and you have to wait till it cools off. also i would recommend getting a chiltons book. it will give you a walk through on procedures such as doing a full tune up, and other various jobs you may have to do. but good luck with the car

Old 08-19-2008 | 12:50 PM
|
3rd Gear Member

73 camaro, well my engines not stock, its a 350 V8, do you think it would make a difference then. but i will replace the other ingnition compenents probably today. and i might get that timing light today or if not then sometime this week and check it.

kyphur, yeah i was looking at getting a new distributer and upgrade kit from jegs but i dont know if it would be worth it or if i'd see any difference? oh well thats a good deal for 400 unless and it still fits good. oh well i tried getting that K&N filter for my 14" housing but it didnt fit so i bought an new air filter from jegs. im not sure if the base will fit though. will a flat base fit on an elderbrok carb?