2nd Gen road Race Suspension??`

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Default 2nd Gen road Race Suspension??`

Hey all. Im new here, My dad recently passed and left me with his 74 Camaro SCCA GT1 race car. I know what motor and all that Im getting but just not sure where to look for built suspension parts. I've checked out Hotchkis.

I will be running NASA AIX so there isnt many restrictions to modifications so I plan on running a nice suspension setup.

Any input is greatly appreciated, Thank You!!

Jeffrey

Old 01-09-2012, 03:20 AM
2nd Gear member

Welcome to the site.A really good suspension place that specializes in these cars is www.pro-touringf-body.com

Old 01-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Overdrive Member

I have just about every part from the site listed above. They are a bear when it comes to getting some parts. That is due to the one man band running the show. He is the greatest person I have ever dealt with when I comes to customer service. He just gets behind and leaves ya hanging wondering when your parts are coming. I have absolutely no complaints about the parts or price though. Everything goes on with hand tools. I haven't had to modify the car in any way to get the parts on. The guys name is Dave. He is a racer too and can help alot.

You could try Keith at www.customworksproducts.com
He sells the parts Dave builds and can probably get the quicker. Keith is a road racer as well and both are the guys to talk to about making our cars turn.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:04 AM

Nice, thanks guys. The car currently has a Quick change rear, HUGE flares, Fiberglass Z28 hood, all gutted door that are held on by quick release fastners and the fenders are the same. Not much is stock Camaro but all the suspension is all stock mounting points because of the rules back when he raced it.

I will post pics soon

Old 01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing your Camaro!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:09 AM
1st Gear Member

I have just put new Coil overs in front, and new Hotchkis subframe connectors, sway bars, and steering parts..adjustable Shocks. 4 discs...

I am setting my car up for road racing..

It comes home in two days, but the tests so far are insane...Like the car is on rails and stuck to the road...

Attached Thumbnails 2nd Gen road Race Suspension??`-087.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Wink

Originally Posted by bucketlist2011
I have just put new Coil overs in front, and new Hotchkis subframe connectors, sway bars, and steering parts..adjustable Shocks. 4 discs...

I am setting my car up for road racing..

It comes home in two days, but the tests so far are insane...Like the car is on rails and stuck to the road...
See now, you could not sleep so you just have to rub it in. And with me not owning a Canaries right now it stings even that much more... Yes I am being a crybaby! I have to live through you. LOL

Old 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5time F
See now, you could not sleep so you just have to rub it in. And with me not owning a Canaries right now it stings even that much more... Yes I am being a crybaby! I have to live through you. LOL
I ended up sleeping last night..

Didn't mean to rub it in... Don't worry, i still dream of more stuff, and what i would do next...

It just never ends....Next is the inside, and then I better stop......

Old 01-15-2012, 08:43 AM

Thanks guys!

Im leaning towards the hotchkis parts unless I buy the jakes rod shop subframe. Stil up in the air about all the suspension stuff. But the motor will be a 355ci, Scat rotating assembly. 6in rods 12.9:1 with 64cc heads. Possibly dry sump, but Im not sure about that yet.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 AM
Second Generation Moderator
Feb 2010 ROTM winner
Jan 2013 ROTM winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by CobraLife07
Thanks guys!

Im leaning towards the hotchkis parts unless I buy the jakes rod shop subframe. Stil up in the air about all the suspension stuff. But the motor will be a 355ci, Scat rotating assembly. 6in rods 12.9:1 with 64cc heads. Possibly dry sump, but Im not sure about that yet.
Sounds like a pure offroad motor with those specs. I assume you're only using it for racing when it's done?

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen road Race Suspension??`