1967 327 with California Emissions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 10:09 AM
Default 1967 327 with California Emissions

I recently purchased a 1967 Camaro Rs 327 with California emissions, Powerglide. Built in Van Nuys CA
This car is pretty original but i'm not sure about the carburetor.? Currently has a Rochester 4 barrel
It does look to have the original style carb linkage. The Carb is California Emissions Carb ( has large port in back of base plate still hooked to mixture control valve.)
The engine block stamp is MF (210 hp with 2 Barrel)
I did Not get the correct air cleaner assembly when i purchased car.
What i am looking for is any documentation about California emissions.
I have ordered the assembly manuals and service manuals but not sure if they have a separate manual for California emissions?
I am looking to put it back to original as possible.
Also info about the valve covers that are used on California emissions car.

thanks in advance for any info shared or any direction for me to move forward with.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:13 AM

Old 06-20-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Toolguy1967
I recently purchased a 1967 Camaro Rs 327 with California emissions, Powerglide. Built in Van Nuys CA
This car is pretty original but i'm not sure about the carburetor.? Currently has a Rochester 4 barrel
It does look to have the original style carb linkage. The Carb is California Emissions Carb ( has large port in back of base plate still hooked to mixture control valve.)
The engine block stamp is MF (210 hp with 2 Barrel)
I did Not get the correct air cleaner assembly when i purchased car.
What i am looking for is any documentation about California emissions.
I have ordered the assembly manuals and service manuals but not sure if they have a separate manual for California emissions?
I am looking to put it back to original as possible.
Also info about the valve covers that are used on California emissions car.

thanks in advance for any info shared or any direction for me to move forward with.
I have a 100% original 68 with the 327- 210hp motor. It is not a 4 bbl carb. Its a small 2bbl. As for the emissions, mine is all original and still working.

Old 06-20-2019, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by mm9284
I have a 100% original 68 with the 327- 210hp motor. It is not a 4 bbl carb. Its a small 2bbl. As for the emissions, mine is all original and still working.
Thanks for picture.
I believe 1967 was a little different air pump set up.
My pump has 4 bolt pulley and uses a different style valve.
Could you post some different pictures of how the AIR Lines run to back of carburetor and and air cleaner hook up.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:36 AM

Thanks for picture.
I believe 1967 was a little different air pump set up.
My pump has 4 bolt pulley and uses a different style valve.
Could you post some different pictures of how the AIR Lines run to back of carburetor and and air cleaner hook up.
You are correct, the 67 and 68 have a different smog pump set up. My car is not a California car, Ohio. All had smog equip standard in 68 I believe.
There is only 1 small vacuum line running from the pump to the back of the carb. I took pictures the best I could. Only line to the air filter housing is the PCV from the right hand valve cover. Doing this from my phone so hopefully the pictures load

Old 06-21-2019, 07:22 AM

Thanks for the pictures. That is very nice looking engine compartment.
Since I originally posted. I figured out that my car has the original Air pump and lines. But the intake an carb have been changed. The intake and carb that are on it are original and period correct for the 275hp engine offered in 67.
I will start looking for original intake and 2 barrel carb.
But I am going to reroute air pump hoses so I can use 4 barrel air cleaner ,intake and carb. But still want to be able to put it back to all original with 2 barrell setup.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:46 AM

I get a lot of compliments that it is all original. But damn its slow......haha.
O

ne more shot of the whole car for ya.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Toolguy1967, looks pretty close except for intake and carb. Oil filler tube with PCV valve screwed into it is correct. 4 bolt air pump pulley is correct also.

Old 06-21-2019, 06:18 PM
4th Gear Member
Talking

Nice car for sure,don't think I could resist the temptation to yank all the smog stuff off and put long tube headers an Edlebrock intake and a 4 brl carb on there.
In fact I know I couldn't I'd do it and keep all the stock stuff since it's nothing that can't be undone.
Originally Posted by mm9284
I get a lot of compliments that it is all original. But damn its slow......haha.
O

ne more shot of the whole car for ya.

Old 06-03-2020, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the pictures. That is very nice looking engine compartment.
Since I originally posted. I figured out that my car has the original Air pump and lines. But the intake an carb have been changed. The intake and carb that are on it are original and period correct for the 275hp engine offered in 67.
I will start looking for original intake and 2 barrel carb.
But I am going to reroute air pump hoses so I can use 4 barrel air cleaner ,intake and carb. But still want to be able to put it back to all original with 2 barrell setup.

I also have a 67 California build, 327 at 275 HP. i have the same stock manifold and quadrajet carb that you have. Im all stock original. My 67 in high school came with a two barrel with a lower horse power rating. I think you have a original set up, your engine compartment looks like mine.

Quick Reply: 1967 327 with California Emissions