Need to sell my 67 project, need advice on value...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Default Need to sell my 67 project, need advice on value...

Hi all,
The first gen Camaro is one of my favorite cars, and I have been working on a project 67 for the past several years. I had a neighbor friend that was a master auto body man and another neighbor that's a head mechanic for a large trucking company; they had been mentoring me on restoring the car. Anyways the body man died and the mechanic moved away and now my parents want the car out of their garage and I can't afford to finish it and don't have anywhere to store it so I need to sell it. The car is garage kept and is located near Ft Lauderdale Florida.

I need advice on how much to ask for the car in it's current condition. I will probably put it on eBay, AutoTrader Classic and post an ad in the classified section of this forum. Below is all the info about the car and pictures. The car does not have an engine or transmission, but has everything else, just needs to be assembled.

Pictures:
1967 Camaro - a set on Flickr
Receipts for all the new parts:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15851931/eBa...roNewParts.pdf

Most of the body has been restored and most of the interior parts are included, no engine or transmission is included. The body, Rockers and Sub-Frame (Refinished and Painted Black) are solid. The Rear Tires have good tread but front tires don't hold air for more than a few weeks (right rim damaged). Below is what has been done to it and what is included. All work was done by a master auto body man.

New Suspension Including: Control Arms (Upper & Lower w/Ball Joints), Spindles, Drag Link, Idler Arm, Sway Bars, Tie Rods, Pitman Arm, Coil Springs, Coupler
New Body Panels (Installed) Including: Valance, Header, Radiator Support, Fenders, Skirts, Cowls, Hood, Doors, Passenger Floor, Quarters, Wheel House, Valance, Rear, and lots of other small bits
Other New Parts including: Hinges (Hood & Doors), Motor Mounts, Full Car Bolt & Fastener Kit, Trunk Springs, Grill Kit other misc. bits

Uncompleted Body Work: Minor Rust Holes in driver side Back Seat Floor, Enlarged Shifter Hole in Transmission Tunnel, Install New Trunk Lid Gutters (included)

Old Parts Included: Cowl, Alternator, Water Pump, Distributor, Pedal Assembly, Starter Motor, Heater Box, Gas Filler, Locks, Ashtray, Radiator Fan, Glove Box, Arm Rests, Master Cylinder, Lamps (Don't Know if they work), Drive Shaft, Read Axel, Windows Regulators, Dash Pad, Door Panels, Back Seat Side Panels, Kick Panels/Vents, Air Vents, Speedometer & Tachometer Gauge Cluster, Rear Bench Seat, Front Bucket Seats w/Seat Tracks, Heater/Air Control, Wiring Harnesses, Visors, Tons of Misc. Trim, Firewall Insulation, Wiper Arms & Wipers, Misc. Weather Stripping, Front Grill, Antenna, Tail Lamp Housing, Head Lamp Housings, Center Cluster Bezel, Window Vent Assemblies with Glass, Door Windows, Front and Read Glass (front cracked), Front and Rear Chrome Bumpers, Gas Tank

Suggestions?
Thanks!

Last edited by maxzer6; 06-14-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: updated links
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 AM
jno
In the Staging Lanes

It's a shame that you cannot finish it. It is SO close to being done. Heck, all of the hard work is done already! I am not sure what the car values are in Florida, but I can guarantee that you will get a LOT more $$ if you put it back together before selling.
In New England, that car would sell for around $10K the way it sits, a lot more if put back together. (with clean title)

Old 05-31-2012, 07:46 AM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Try putting it on Craig's List or Racingjunk.com. You have to think about what someone has to do to it to finish it. I am in the same position as you are. I have a project I can't finish and dont have anymore money to put into it right now. I get low ball offers cause of it being a plain jane coupe. Guys want an ss or an rr. Want to repaint it. Think about what you have put into the car and work then throw it out there for sale and see what you get. Allot of restored camaros that are in finished condition and running go for 16 to 20k. You might get a better off on yours being in the condition it is in and ready for paint. Goodluck on selling it.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:48 AM

Ask a friend to keep it at their place if you can because you will regret selling it.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:45 PM

Thanks for the advice and extra considerations, I've been quite confused on what I want to do, I would love to finish it, but it would cost to much for what I want to do (crate 350, tko, paint, etc) and would be more expensive and harder without the help of my previous neighbors. I don't really have anywhere around here I could keep it; My uncle said I could keep it at his farm (in MI), but his barn is full so it'd have to be kept outside . My pricing research also says ~16-20k for a decent condition running one, so, for the amount I still want to put into it and how much I might get for it as-is, sometime in the not to distant future I may get another one (that I can actually drive :P ). I put it on an eBay auction starting at $7k, and so far (being listed for only a day) I've had 313 hits and 13 watchers.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blown67Camaro
Ask a friend to keep it at their place if you can because you will regret selling it.
I couldn't agree more!!

Old 07-01-2012, 05:10 AM

Don't sell, but I think I did see it on Ebay.