69 restoration

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bruce69camaro
Very cool, keep moving forward, there's no turning back now.

What are your plans for the drivetrain?

Are you going to keep the 6 cyl or replace it with a V-8?
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still a long way from being finished. I think for the short term, just to keep her mobile, I'm going to keep the 6. I would really like to drop a 350 in her down the road. Maybe a nice crate engine. Some of the other upgrades would be disk brakes and power steering. I can't believe I bought a car without that stuff. I also have to get all new interior down the road. The one I have is torn and worn out. Out with blue in with the black. As far as the drive train, I'll have to see how wild the engine will be. I might just leave it for my wife and get a convertible for me.

K

Last edited by Odin; 04-01-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Just got back from the shop. Everything is looking great. I was putting the engine back together with the help of Jason the shop owner. The subframe should be re-attached to the car tomorrow. It's almost ready for paint.

Hey guys, I have a question. Has anyone put the hockey stick stripes on a car? I talked to someone today and they told me that the proper way to do it is to use a stencil on the fenders and a decal on the doors. Then clear on top. Is that right? Does anyone know the right way if that's not it.

As always, thanks for your help.
K

Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 AM
2nd Gear member

I heard that is the proper way. If you want, I can find you the site for the hockey strip made in all vinyl?

Doesn't it give you that good feeling seeing your car getting put back together and actually looking like a car again?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Just wanted to post a couple of shots taken this week. Hope you like them. I can't wait for the last photos.

I got the stripe kit I needed. Thanks Bruce69Camaro for the support. I'm hoping by the end of next week it will be painted. Then we'll start putting her insides back together. In case anyone is wondering about the photos....yes its a 68' Camaro on the hoist and its a real RS. Jason and his crew do excellent work on these bad boys.

Until next time.
K

Attached Thumbnails 69 restoration-photo-3.jpg   69 restoration-photo-5.jpg   69 restoration-photo-6.jpg  
Old 04-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Oh cool, you're keeping the 6 banger in there?

Old 04-06-2012, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
Oh cool, you're keeping the 6 banger in there?

Yeah, but I want to put something cool in her down the road. The way gas prices are rising in Toronto, that 6 might be in her for a long time. The car will look faster than she really is.

K

Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM
2nd Gear member

Any updates????

Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Smile

Originally Posted by bruce69camaro
Any updates????
Hi guys. Sorry I've been away for a little bit. I've got a new batch of photos that I think your going to love. I just have to download them to my computer. Should be up tonight or tomorrow. Hang in there.

K

Old 04-20-2012, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Hi guys, as promised here's an update of my project. I just picked some of the better photos to show the progression forward. There might not be in order.

A small frame repair was done (tiny holes), a new floor seat pans welded in. The roof primer sanded, Quarters sanded, driver side door blocked first time. As you can see in some of the photos, the car has been sealed, primer and block sanded.

Door, hood and rear spoiler still have to go on. Adjust the gaps and off to the spray both. I'm getting pretty excited now. It's looking like a car again. Jason and his team are doing a great job on this. It's moving pretty fast.

K

Attached Thumbnails 69 restoration-photo-9.jpg   69 restoration-photo-37.jpg   69 restoration-photo-28.jpg   69 restoration-photo-14.jpg   69 restoration-photo-32.jpg  

Old 04-21-2012, 12:18 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Odin
Oh and as for the Leafs... I can't cheer for them... I'd rather watch any other team.

K
OMG. A Leafs fan? I thought I was the only one! Haha. And ironically, I'm wearing my Leafs T-shirt right. Weird.

Car's looking nice. Can't blame you for sticking with the I6 with gas prices being what they are. Maybe when and if they go down, you should think maybe of putting a 572 BB in there.

Quick Reply: 69 restoration