67 Project with a edge of

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM

WOW! The paint looks tight! What color is it? In some of the shots it looks
like a Light Green Pearl.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:38 AM

its a custom mixed bright white with a gold pearl. it flips really hard a lot like a chamelon paint does. its a beautiful color. But the dark gloomey shop and crappy lights dont show it off very well.

I tried taking better pictures of the paint, but i just cant in the crappy shop light.

anyways i got one more run i just found on the fender to fix, and then ill go crazy on wet sanding, then it will get its top coat, and then of course buff it and all that good stuff!

$350 bucks worth of dynamat, and it only covered my floor.... weaksauce. looks like ill be spending another $350 on more of that ****!

New head liner is in and most the wrinkles finally pulled out. There is dynamat in the roof of the car as well. that sheet alone was like 90 bucks! crap is expensive lol.

This summer when it heats up and stretches ill be able to work that wrinkle out and get it tight. but untill then... it has to stay...

dash all painted. yes its the same color as the outside of the car.

anyways more soon.

Old 02-13-2009, 09:49 PM

top coat is on... it will be buffed out here soon.

another $200 bucks in parts showed up today....

more coming soon!

Old 02-20-2009, 01:44 AM

small update.

ive got the entire car wet sanded, cut and buffed now. And been working on putting it back together. But i havnt been bringing my camera to the shop sorry. so i dont have any pictures of that. ill probably take soem tomorrow if i get out there.

But my LED's came in today. so here was the next project.

started out with some cardboard, punched some holes, stuffed in some LED's and glued them down.

Did some wire running and soldering on the back side..

Taped it up and got it ready to install.

Glued it down.

Tested it.

New Reverse light lenses came in finally. (Light off)

Back up lights on,

They are very bright actually, but my camera took a dark picture with the very white lights on... so they are not near as dim as the picture seems.

Also i know, not quite as fancy as the nice digitail boards i put in for the brake/tail lights.. but hey. your talking about 200 bucks, vs 8 bucks!

More pictures of the car soon.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:33 PM

I love following your progress and was very excited to see that you had an additional post today.

But... For some reason I have a concern about your use of CardBoard for this application. What a great cost saving inventive approach to what should be a simple solution. And I may be way over thinking this since we are probably just talking about 12V. But, there isn't any insullation between the wire and the highly flammable cardboard. You are not producing any heat, but what about a power surge?

The lights only come on in reverse and therefore, you would be looking back to see the "flames"...

Would a thin piece of stiff plastic been a better choice?

Hoping someone more knowledgable about car electronics can chime in and correct me.

Last edited by 68_Cruiser; 02-20-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:22 PM

12 volts is not going to cause a fire lol. they are just LED's, they run off of liek 1 volt... they have a huge resistor on them other wise the 12 volts would fry them. Go hold a lighter to a piece of cardboard.. and see how long and how hard it is to get to burn and actually take flame. 12 volts just isnt going to do that.

My concern is more with the moister and the board getting soggy, so ill make sure they seal up good and tight so moister isnt a problem.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:37 PM

Bro, Im a Fireman and Im not going to argue with you about causing a fire, as long as you realize everything upstream from the resistor you mentioned is 12V. Biggest thing I will say is you got a classic car that many would love to have. Much work by many hands seems to have been done to help bring it back to life. Dont keep it together with cardboard? Please? And stay away from bailing wire and duct tape too. A piece of sheet plastic is inexpensive and a simple dremel tool can do anything you need.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:56 AM

I am starting a 67 restore and my window trim or channels are rusted out pretty bad, can you tell me how you put in new metal, i am talking about the trim that the window actually sits on and is connected to the roof.

Any help appreciated
Scott

Old 04-27-2009, 08:00 PM

Right on man I understand how you feel about your car. My dad helped me purchase my 67 Rs in January. He passed away about three days after we watched it roll of the trailer and pushed it into our shop. The man that cused you out has no idea what the car means to you and if he would have taken the time to listen to the story of you and your car he probably would have had to wipe at least on tear off his eye. looks like you got a good start and i wish you good luck with it .

Old 04-27-2009, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by LeDoux67
I am starting a 67 restore and my window trim or channels are rusted out pretty bad, can you tell me how you put in new metal, i am talking about the trim that the window actually sits on and is connected to the roof.

Any help appreciated
Scott
When I did mine she was the same, when prepping for paint, we removed the polished trim on the drip rails and the drip rails themselves came off with them! Removed a roof from a 68 and the body man started splicing.

Quick Reply: 67 Project with a edge of