67 Project with a edge of

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM
Default RE: 67 Project with a edge of "Pro-Touring"

ORIGINAL: SubarusRmyThing

yeah im pretty amazed, had countless offers on it over the years, people see it parked there out side and come beating on the door.
I'm there with you. Had to stop leaving the garage door up because people see it and keep coming to the door wanting to know if the Camaro is for sale? At first youre nice but after a while its like Dang people... "If it was for sale it would have a "FOR SALE" sign on it!!! COME ON!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM

pm sent... subarusrmything check u'r inbox please =)

Old 10-28-2008, 07:06 PM

replied to your PM! ill keep everyone updated on the tails when i get my new lenses and gaskets!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Scooch

ORIGINAL: SubarusRmyThing

yeah im pretty amazed, had countless offers on it over the years, people see it parked there out side and come beating on the door.
I'm there with you. Had to stop leaving the garage door up because people see it and keep coming to the door wanting to know if the Camaro is for sale? At first youre nice but after a while its like Dang people... "If it was for sale it would have a "FOR SALE" sign on it!!! COME ON!!!
ahgg tell me about it. ive got snotty with a few people on off days, and said those exact words. DO you see a for sale sign in it? tehy got the point lol

Old 10-29-2008, 11:13 AM

lol, i get that too... i especially like those notes on my windshield....

"if your interested in selling this car, please call me"

Old 10-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

I have to admit that before I got my 69 I would ask if a car was for sale here and there but only the junkers I would see sitting in fields going to pot. Or ones that were torn apart or just half a car. I never left notes on nice rides or knocked on doors of peoples houses were Camaros were sitting in garages or next to houses, in yards or with covers on them. Sometimes it just takes a little common sense and good judgement.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 PM

yeah common sense would be nice if everyone had it haha. i can understand, someone saw a old half put together camaro sitting out in the weather for 14 years... yeah okay if they had been paying attention over the years or something or even driving by, might look like they were never gonna do anything with it.

but when its at a established business getting work done. do you really think they are wanting to sell it? lol that last guy just cracked me up.

i wired up my LED tail lights last night... HOLLY CRAP THEY ARE BRIGHT!!! very impressed with them they are very nice. once i get them wiring up correctly and everything working good, ill post a vid/pics. i still havnt got the lenses so i cant completely install them, but none the less you can see them work.

six7camaro - dont hesitate, buy em. i would highly recommend the ones made by spaghetti engineering, (purchased from musclerodz.com) you'll love em.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:58 AM
3rd Gear Member

looks like you have a great project there, but I want to throw out some advice for you. learned the hard way myself.

you are going a little bit backwards here, unless you have unlimited funds (which maybe you do, I don't know), you should really not worry about the things like LED taillights and interior parts yet. you should buy the parts, only in the order that you need them. for example: interior is the last thing put in so that might want to be the last thing bought. chassis and body are first, so you might want to concentrate on suspension and body panels first.

it's easy to buy all the pretty stuff first because it's fun to look at. butonce you start tearing the car down and find out you needstuff that you never thought of,like new mounting pads for your rearend, various little pieces of sheetmetal, certain nuts and bolts for the chassis, then you wish you didn't buy all the finishing parts that are needed at the end of the build. the "nickel and dime" stuff, that you don't see,can break your budget and then all the pretty stuff will just sit there on the shelf for too long.

good luck with your project and keep us updated. sounds like you have great plans for the car!

Old 11-01-2008, 03:52 PM

the interior and all the pretty stuff was bought over 10 years ago when the car was suppose to be restored. its been sitting in storage ever since the guy ruined my car way back then. so thats nothing i bought just recently.

2nd i bought the LED's at the time because the taillights didnt work at all, and i needed working tail lights to be able to drive it around from shop to shop. well now ive trailerd it, chanced it, hand signaled it, and well really doesnt matter any more. it only needs to be moved once more, and ill just chance it one more time. i only hooked them up to make sure they worked so they could be returned if needed. thats 200 bucks i didnt want to lose waiting for paint to be done so i could test them.

i dont by any means have unlimited funds, but i do have 7 grand. and when really all i need right now is less than 1000 bucks in metals. well paint and other body supplies likethat justdoesnt cost6 grand. so im not to worried about that. car should be hitting the shop any day now. im just waiting for the call to say he finished the customers car, and there is room for mine. then ill be ordering all the panels i need and getting to work!

but thanks for looking out, i appreciate it, but this isnt the first classic ive restored. ive got it all under control!

Old 01-25-2009, 01:23 AM

kinda forgot to update this! So been busting my *** on the car, figured it was time to take some pics and post some updates.

And just to make you appreciate the work thats been put into this a little more.

My original plan was to buy all new panels, cut, and weld. But neil (the guy that is letting me use his shop) Talked me out of that. Told me not to waste my money. He is an INCREDIBLE metal worker. and has been helping me with making my own panels.

So EVERYTHING you see thats in primer grey started out as a flat piece of metal. every single bend and shape and mold has been put in there by us, 100% hand made! I could not even imagine making panels to this extent by my self. But its saved me nearly 1000 bucks so far!

So first part to really fix was the hood. For some reason this corner rusted pretty bad. So after some new metal later..

This is about the only perfect part on the car haha.

Next was to attack all the rear panels.

Keep in mind. all this primer grey was hand made!!

Look how perfect this is! Cant tell the difference from the OEM, minus the fact its rust free. This use to be a flat piece of metal.

New rain gaurds, and corners of the roof have all been completely remade from scratch! Before the original gutters were held on by caulking from teh dip **** who "restored" this car the first time. It rusted so bad. the roof was only being held on by the culking as well.

hasnt been sanded and primered yet. But glazed and ready

The spoiler made the lip of the trunk rust clear threw. So the last 3" of trunk again, made from scratch!

Quick Reply: 67 Project with a edge of