1967 RS Camaro Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Default 1967 RS Camaro Project

So after lots of looking I decided to buy a Camaro. I've always wanted a camaro, but in the last few months of looking the Challenger and Cuda cars were looking real nice. But I found this deal on Craigslist and bought this 1967 RS Camaro. Glad I did, the only plus for me about a Mopar is they seem to be bigger inside and for me that would be a plus because I'm 6'10". I think I got a good deal on it. I'll post the ad and you can see what I ended up buying. He was asking 10,000 for it and I ended up getting it for 7,500 with the new set of rims and tires.

1967 RS Camaro for sale. All the hard work is done and come with just about every new part to make the build complete. For starters here is a a list of the metal work recently done by Johnny's Hot Rod.
Full floor plans replaced (rear seat to firewall)
Inner rocker panels (right and left)
Inner rear fender wells (right and left)
rear quarter panels reskinned prior to my purchasing

comes with new:
doors, cowl hood, fenders, innner front fenders, core support, trunk lid, grill and acc., door hinges, headlight motors and acc, window trim, door handles, all locks, mirrors, original rear seat and new aftermarket leather bucket seats for the front, wiring harness, wheel well trim, new completee nut and bolt kit.

Engine: brand new Gm crate 350 (still on the pallet and wrapped), edelbrock carb, edelbrock finned aircleaner and matching valve covers, chrome plated edelbrock intake manifold, chrome plated single wire high output alternator, and much more that I am sure I am forgetting.

Transmission: original turbo 350, ran great when I pulled out for rebuild
Rear end: stock 10 bolt non-posi

Wheels and Tires: comes with two sets if the price offered is right. Set on the vehicle are 16" Weld Hoopsters and the set I have setting aside for the build are 20" rear Boss 338's and 18" for the front and the set has brand new tires. This set has never been mounted and alone cost $2500

I have other misc Items as well such as a brand new Dakota Digital dash that will come with the purchase.

This car came with alot of new parts to put back on it. Allthough the ad says almost all parts, there are still several pieces that I will have to purchase.

This last weekend I ended up tearing off all the front suspension and the subframe. I plan on cleaning it all up and get it painted. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure how.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:38 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

pictures,,, we need pictures. sounds like fun.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 PM

Its not letting me puts pics on, what do I need to do??

Old 05-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Your going to need to relocate the seat My guess is your going to run into the back seat before your going to get it right. Maybe you could just toss the front seat out and sit in the back seat?

Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

gota have more than 10 posts or if u have a photobucket u can copy the img code to the post and itll show the picture.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Sounds like you have a fun project ahead of you. Why does this make me think of a James Bond movie where Jaws was sticking out of the sunroof!! You're definitely going to need the seat extenders...and them some, and maybe even a customized bubble roof?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM

I had a 2004 Nissan 350Z that I drove and fit in, but Barely. LOL

Old 05-26-2010, 07:04 PM

Yeah I'm definately going to buy the seat extenders when I get to that Point.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I'm only 6'3". Leg room isn't exactly abundant, and neither is space for my dome. I too have found that I fit better in some Jap cars.
The back seat idea is starting to sound like a good one!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 PM

Yeah I really hope when I get this thing built I fit in it or I really wont be happy. I sat in a 69 Camaro a long time ago and barely fit. I think if it were a manual I would be screwed. I find that leaning the seat all the way back is what I usually have to do in most vehicles. I would rather mine be a manual, but I think with an auto I should hopefully be alright.

Quick Reply: 1967 RS Camaro Project