trying to sell

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Default trying to sell

got my 68 camaro i am going to sell but dont even know how much to ask for it. had it for 15 years and was going to change it over to a race car but after i gutted out the interior everything kind of stopped and never picked up again. sat in garage forever since. body and frame wise it's pretty good. doors are totally solid, decklid it perfect. quarters have a little mud around the wheelwells, but not too bad. front fenders have none and in decent shape. motor is a 350 (not original) with a 350 turbo tranny. little motor work was done. higher end cam and lifters. mallory distributor, holley 750 carb, msd 7al ignition box and propower coil. harwood gas tank with electric fuel pump. i have all the interior seats which are in good condition (black) and also have the dashboard. have 98% or so of the original parts laying around. all pics are from the right side but left is in the same condition. need any more info just post and i will let you know. how much can i roughly get for this and/ or should i part out some of the racing parts or leave them on the car. after typing all this it says at the bottom that i CAN'T post attachments... now what ?

Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 PM
December 2011 ROTM
Santas Little Helper
ROTM Winner's Club

Get yourself a photobucket account. Its free and you can upload pics to it directly from your computer. Then just copy and paste the IMG tag line and the pics will show up.

So I take it the car runs? How's the roof and around the window areas? What did the previous owner do to it if you know?

Old 10-09-2011, 05:36 PM
December 2012 Ride of the Month
ROTM Winner's Club

Thats sad to hear, I come from the corvette forums and there are tons of post where guys will tear their C3 down with the intent to restore or rebuild it and it stalls out like you stated.

nothing sadder than seeing a nice classic car like these in piles on the garage floor.

good luck.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:12 PM

uploading a bunch of pics to photobucket now. will post links when i get them up. roof and around all windows it good. there is no front window and the back window is out but i do have that. the front one broke so i scrapped that. previous owner did nothing to it. it was pretty stock with no mods. not sure what motor it had but i had one to go in it. yes motor does run.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:34 AM

Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 AM

Old 10-10-2011, 06:39 AM

ANY input would be GREAT on how much i should try to sell for. i have to dig the seats and back seat out of the attic so i dont have pics of that yet

Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

Well, To be honest i don't think that its going to go for much, people are going to look at it from a how much is this going to cost to restore stance. I think you could get 5-7k if you have some of the parts. If you find someone that is going the race car route you may get more... Honestly, i LOVE camaros so id be all over it... If i had a garage... FML...

For reference, this is my opinion based off of my research to purchase a 1st gent.