Temperature Gauge Adjustable Resistor ? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 08:41 PM
Default Temperature Gauge Adjustable Resistor ? ? ?

Hi Everyone-

My first post here..

We currently make an adjustable resistor for the Corvettes that I'm sure will work on the first and second Gen Camaro's but I have no idea how the gauge is set up.

I'll give you a little back ground that I'm sure some of you are already familiar with. First of all, the current production temperature senders no matter where you purchase them from do not send out the correct ohms readings required for the dash unit and this causes an issue when trying to know where the actual temperature of the car is. In the old days people would add resistance to the input ohms wire but this can only make the gauge accurate at one reading since the temperature gauges are a non linear gauge.

So about five years ago I went on a mission to find a solution for the Corvettes and I did so by using a adjustable resistor on the back of the gauge.

Since the dash unit is not a linear gauge inducing a change in the resistance across the poles will create a linear change to a non linear gauge.

So.. here is my issue... Eckler's and most of the Corvette vendors purchase these resistors from me (the also work as a replacement for a stock set up too), but I'm not familiar with Camaro temperature gauges. I'm sure the resistor will work for them but I have three different designs.

Anyone willing to try this on their dash unit?

Below are the video's we did for the Corvette customers...

I'm not her to solicit business, I'm here to offer a possible solution... I'd like to know what other cars this resistor will work for and possibly market it to our "other" vendors so that you guys have the same opportunity as the Corvette guys on the Corvette Forum.

Here are my videos showing how each unit works. You can email me direct at Service@WillcoxCorvette.com if your are interested in trying one. If you or someone you know has a gauge out of their car, I'd be willing to install one of these (or modify one to work) on your gauge for free.

65-67
[yt]FkUuKi4mA_s[/yt]

68-76
[yt]WL8HcS9a-0U[/yt]

1977-1982
[yt]WCERae6nJGQ[/yt]

If I've over stepped my bounds, then by all means.. mods remove my post.

Regards,

Willcox Inc. :thumbs: