Looking to buy my first muscle car - 67-69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Default Looking to buy my first muscle car - 67-69 Camaro

Hi everyone. Well I am 36 years old and have finally started to look at buying my first muscle car. There have been 2 carsthat have made an in pact in my life. I loved the way they have looked and sounded. These 2 cars are the Chevelle and the Camaro. At this point I ampretty sure it’s going to be a Camaro. I am wanting a first Gen (67-69). I have been saving since 2006 and have about 50k to spend. Since I am so new I amlooking for advice on what to look for and who to trust. If anyone lives in the Dallas area and has knowledge I would lover to talk and pick your brain.

What I am looking for would be a 67-69 RS. I want it vintage on the outside but modern on the inside including the Dashboard. I have not liked some of the pictures I’ve seen of the Camaros that stay vintageon the inside. I am also looking for this to be more than just a weekend car but one that I can drive everyday. So here are some of my questions. Please let me know if I have left things out that make answering them difficult. I amlearning and with your help can become further educated.

1.What would be the most to spend on a 67-69 Camaro? Ihave seen dealers selling for anywhere from 20-60k.

2.Are there any dealers you all trust?

3.Would anyone buy a base model and sup it up? If so what’sa ball park cost to do something like that including the interior. I am lookingfor that to be modern.

4.Since I am planning on using this more frequently thanweekends what kind of engine should I be looking for?

5.Since I want to be very picky on paint what are averagecosts to paint? I want either Black or red .Prefer black.

These are just some questions and your answers can be general. Just so youknow I appreciate any feed back you guys can give. I have always wanted intothis world and finally after years of wanting and waiting I am ready to get myfeet wet. Thanks again and hope to have pictures from my first buy once I am ready to buy.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:43 PM
1st Gear Member

For that kind of money you should be able to find and buy exactly what you want--Beware of rust -it is not your friend-We call dealers "Stealerships"--I stay away from them (i worked there 14 years BTW)--Auctions get top dollar but some of the best cars go there--buy some books on Gen one Camaro's so you know what your looking at and they will school you on what to look for --restoration ones i'm talking about--get the wife on board so she likes what you buy--remember Black is hard to keep clean--Good luch the "hunt" is part of the fun--Oh and go to car shows and talk to Camaro owners too!! Just my two cents worth--Glenn