$4500 '69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:42 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Walk away, that things worth 50 cents / pound. You would still need an entire complete front sub frame and drive line ect, ect....By the time you build that you could have bought a decent driver and have been having fun for a few years. Looked through that web site, that guy sure does have a lot of scrap metal there. IMHO if he's asking 4500 for that he's out to lunch and I can't imagine what he wants for the rest of the junk.

Last edited by skidoodave; 10-25-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:54 PM

RUN AWAY, and forget about the dynacorn body. You spend all that money and you end up with a CLONE, not a camaro. IT will never be worth the same, nor do the parts fit the same..

There's plenty of cars out there.. PATIENCE..

I would search that junk yard for parts etc, maybe you can get a subframe and start restoring it so when you do find a car, you have the subframe restored.. He probably has a few 12 bolts too!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I don't plan on doing it up stock, just for the record. I don't care about the car being original and I don't want one that'd be rare; I'm not concerned about it being a "clone" either.

And the only issue with getting a Dynacorn body is I still wind up needing a VIN plate. Can't register the car without it, after all.

I suppose there's no rush, anyways. I'm still quite a lot of money away from being able to start up on it. I'll keep my eyes out and see what comes up anyway, just in case.

And as far as this thing, I'm gonna go out with my dad to have another look at it and see what he says. If there's anything worth keeping or not. I figure I'll make an offer either way, just for kicks. The difference is how much I lowball it, and if all I end up with is a usable VIN, that's still worth something.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:56 PM

Don't do it, there are decent deals out there, I just sold 2 69's in better condition then that for 4k each. desert auto has some

Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 PM
1st Gear Member

If you do enough research online as well as peek in the classic auto trader classifieds you will find a good deal on a decent project in your price range. Check out http://cars.yakaz.com/1969-camaro-project-car-for-sale , there were a bunch of projects on that site. Good luck!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Man this kills me.....I sold mine with a straight body in primer and a good running 396/4speed for $1800.
$2500

Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

The issue I'm seeing now, is that all of these cars are in the USA. I am not. That means import charges as well as transportation issues, and issues with the insurance company once it's ready to get on the road again.

I also don't have free time to go on a road trip to look at any of these, no matter how good of a deal it might be. :/

But it's good to see there are deals out there. Thanks guys~

Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by Saint Ebony
The issue I'm seeing now, is that all of these cars are in the USA. I am not. That means import charges as well as transportation issues, and issues with the insurance company once it's ready to get on the road again.
I also don't have free time to go on a road trip to look at any of these, no matter how good of a deal it might be. :/
But it's good to see there are deals out there. Thanks guys~
So how much would it cost to have one shipped, and the import charges? If you can find one reasonable enough in the States (we have all the good stuff down here ) would it be worth it to pay the other fees to get it? You have "agents" right here, never know what will turn up.
And damn Y2K, that thing sure needs a good waxin!

Old 10-30-2009, 05:20 PM
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

True enough; I've read a few of you guys saying it's a bad idea to buy a car sight unseen, though

Well, there's no rush. If all goes according to plan it'll be another 15 months or so before I have the money I need to get going for real. So, I can hold out for now and keep looking for something worth buying.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
And damn Y2K, that thing sure needs a good waxin!
Ha! no kid'n but then $2500 doesn't get ya much these days.
Like I said it kills me,having sold a nice driver with a 396/4spd & good interior for $1800 back in about 1990.
The car was in primer,far from perfect but a good driver.
The built 427 was gone but I had a '69 396 in it's place that ran pretty fair and a Super T-10 trans with a 3.73 12 bolt posi.

Quick Reply: $4500 '69 Camaro