2016 Options Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 09:11 PM
CHG
Default 2016 Options Questions

Hey guys! I'm new to CF, but not to Camaros. I am looking into buying a 2016 year model and I have a couple of questions.

My 2013 2LT RS Camaro had a Boston sound system that was extremely good. Am I correct in that the only trim packages with the premium Bose sound system are the 2LT, 2SS, and ZL1? If so, what system do the other trims have? And is it any good?

My other question is: are there any trim packages where the HUD is standard?

Thanks!

Old 01-26-2018, 10:49 PM

I just traded a 2015 2SS that I owned for 1 year. It was great. The low end torque the best. It had HUD and the Bose sound. Power and Heated seats.
The problem for me. No garage. Philadelphia suburbs are cold in the winter and because of the performance tires, I couldn't drive it below 45º so it just sat in the driveway many days.
It was making me crazy to not be able to drive it..
So almost 3 weeks ago I got a leftover 2017 2LT and even though it's a downgrade horsepower wise 400 to 335, it has every option available. HUD, Bose, convince and lighting group, RS package, power and heated seats. I liked the 2SS but with no garage and nowhere to store summer performance tires it wasn't practical for me and I want to drive it. I never planned on taking it to the track and it did use premium gas.
The 2LT is plenty fast for me and worth trading the 65 horsepower for all the options, gadgets, toys and I mean- 24 different ambient light settings?? Can't live without it now :-)
Even though I like the design of the 5th Generation, it looks kind of old compared to Gen6 design. It now looks like the design has been refined. I like the way it handles better that the 2SS.
As far as other trim packages where HUD is standard, I don't know. I guess keep researching.
Good luck- have fun.