2010+ V8 Tech For you LS3 and LSA guys to discuss modifications.

Thinking of buying an SS 6spd..thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvqZ8VgAEYk

hey guys im new here....what ya think???

Old 11-16-2009, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by [god]speed
The negative being you can spend $35K+ now for a car that you will be able to buy for 18K in four years tops. I don't understand the point of consumerism, lets devour and digest everything as it hits the market. Sell ourselves short so that the crooks that run places like GM can sit nicely on their yachts while millions of Americans lose their livelihoods.

Yeah its a nice ****ing car. The nicest ive seen... But it's still going to look just as sharp in 3 or 4 years as it does today.

You already have a Vette, think of how much the value of that has dropped when you go to resell it and reconsider.

Patience man

N
Whats with the attitude? Either you like and can afford new cars or you don't. I've had my car 4 weeks today and I like it. I'd recomend it to anyone. In the past I had an 83 and 84 Camaro. Always enjoyed them.

Last edited by BOB EAGAN; 11-16-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 AM

Definitely get it in 6 Spd. I just got mine on Friday, was waiting since july. The only complaint I have with the 6 spd. is sometimes the car forces you to shift from 1st to 4th because its better for gas mileage optimization. Thats the only complaint! Great car, I am looking for excuses to drive it, its very fast but I am finding it easy to just cruise in it as well. So good luck getting one soon and good luck finding a dealer that doesn't charge you a $3000 premium at least, luckily I did some research and was only charged $1000 over sticker.

Attached Thumbnails Thinking of buying an SS 6spd..thoughts?-img_0048.jpg   Thinking of buying an SS 6spd..thoughts?-img_0051.jpg  

Last edited by Sam Friedman; 11-17-2009 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 03-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Saw one with less than 50 miles on it being towed due the battery cables from the trunk going forward shorted. Anyone else heard of any other issue's? I know the camaro is based on the same platform of the GTO, and G8 that I own. Wonder how the diif is going to work out in the camaro? Will it be strong enough to with stand people doing holeshots.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:55 AM

Its the principle of the thing. I just wont pay sticker price or anything above that price for a new car. Its not that I couldn't afford it, but pushing $40k for a car of this type is pretty hard to swallow. And by type ,I mean basically its toy, not a must have vehicle. As for the six speed, if I had to drive it every day it does get old shifting constantly in traffic. My car is a garage queen and I only drive it for fun. the automatics do have a certain allure.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 AM
4th Gear Member

By summer the Dealers will be having Specials on the 2010 Camaros and NO one will be paying MSRP for them.....

Old 03-11-2010, 12:44 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Sam Friedman
Definitely get it in 6 Spd. I just got mine on Friday, was waiting since july. The only complaint I have with the 6 spd. is sometimes the car forces you to shift from 1st to 4th because its better for gas mileage optimization. Thats the only complaint! Great car, I am looking for excuses to drive it, its very fast but I am finding it easy to just cruise in it as well. So good luck getting one soon and good luck finding a dealer that doesn't charge you a $3000 premium at least, luckily I did some research and was only charged $1000 over sticker.
there's a simple fix to bypass the "skipshift" Slp offers a kit..and you should've done better on your research...lots of dealers selling them with no mark up.

Originally Posted by sengli
Saw one with less than 50 miles on it being towed due the battery cables from the trunk going forward shorted. Anyone else heard of any other issue's? I know the camaro is based on the same platform of the GTO, and G8 that I own. Wonder how the diif is going to work out in the camaro? Will it be strong enough to with stand people doing holeshots.
That was fixed at the factory before the 10k vin #'s and should've been fixed b the owner of that car long ago, the bulletin was out last May.

Originally Posted by sengli
Its the principle of the thing. I just wont pay sticker price or anything above that price for a new car. Its not that I couldn't afford it, but pushing $40k for a car of this type is pretty hard to swallow. And by type ,I mean basically its toy, not a must have vehicle. As for the six speed, if I had to drive it every day it does get old shifting constantly in traffic. My car is a garage queen and I only drive it for fun. the automatics do have a certain allure.
You won't find it for much less than sticker...maybe 500-1000 tops, and with summer coming, you'll have to look hard for that.

Originally Posted by blackz87
By summer the Dealers will be having Specials on the 2010 Camaros and NO one will be paying MSRP for them.....
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 PM
wfo

I buy sweet rides like these because they make me feel great. Not becuase it makes any sense in terms of resale. Who gives a rat's behind about resale.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by wfo
I buy sweet rides like these because they make me feel great. Not becuase it makes any sense in terms of resale. Who gives a rat's behind about resale.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:16 AM

I am thrilled to see GM have such a great car to sell. It looks great, has all the right drive train numbers etc. I hope they sell the crap out these. My only thought though is not all of us can afford a toy like this, when the cost is pushing over $40k. I will be patient, and will be watching the pricing. I never said anything about the resale price? I am not concerned about that factor either. Not sure where the comment from wfo is all about. Did I miss something?

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying an SS 6spd..thoughts?