2010+ V8 Tech For you LS3 and LSA guys to discuss modifications.

Thinking of buying an SS 6spd..thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 12:17 PM
wfo
Default Thinking of buying an SS 6spd..thoughts?

What's been the "pros and cons" so far of yet another great American Musclecar the SS Camaro with that sweet LS3?

Canadian built, any negatives coming out of this that we know?

Other than we can't get them fast enough what else do we know?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:01 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

anything you wanna know can be found here

Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

get your order in. welcome to the forum.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

ditto... get your order in now if you want it before Christmas

in my opinion it's the best power for your money even though it is a little heavy at least it's lighter than the challenger and packs the mean LS3 that has a lot of potential if you want to modify it even a little bit. if you haven't checked already, look at the exhaust link in the 5th generation general threads and look at the slp longtube headers with x pipe and slp loudmouth exhaust and it'll give you a good idea of the takeoff and exhaust potential of this car...

even stock 4.6 seconds to get 2 tons moving 60 miles an hour is pretty amazing and if you plan on modifying it can only go up from there

if you do decide to get it, get the 2SS with the nicest interior options you can to compensate for many people's complaints about a lackluster interior...especially the ambient lighting i really like that and think it adds a lot to the night-time driving experience

so i would say place your order as soon as you can if you want to see it before Christmas i'm still patiently waiting for my 2SS (well...the patiently part is arguable lol)

Old 06-22-2009, 12:45 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by wfo
Canadian built, any negatives coming out of this that we know?
I like the cut of your jib there, mate.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 AM

The negative being you can spend $35K+ now for a car that you will be able to buy for 18K in four years tops. I don't understand the point of consumerism, lets devour and digest everything as it hits the market. Sell ourselves short so that the crooks that run places like GM can sit nicely on their yachts while millions of Americans lose their livelihoods.

Yeah its a nice ****ing car. The nicest ive seen... But it's still going to look just as sharp in 3 or 4 years as it does today.

You already have a Vette, think of how much the value of that has dropped when you go to resell it and reconsider.

Patience man

N

Last edited by [god]speed; 07-10-2009 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:05 AM
4th Gear Member

While you are thinking about that overpriced 2010 Camaro also give some thought how you are going to pay for it. Unless you actualy plan on keeping it (????) 5/6 years is a long time ro pay for a car that may not fit your future lifestyle..But if you can afford it and pay cash go for it. I did that for a Corvette one time.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:03 AM
Talking It is worth it

The 2010 Camaro will be worth it, beleive me. When I get back from deployment and end my service in the Marine Corps. I AM buying that car. I do recommend however, the 1SS. I don't think anyone needs the sunroof or the acoustics or the leather seats or, well, anything like that honestly. You're going to catch the speed demon just like everyone else who buys a pony car. I'm going to ask the dealership to take off most of the "power stuff" anyway. Those are just more things that burn out and break (window motors, seats, sunroof, locks, etc.)

You may think less of me for saying that, but I'd rather put my money into the engine and the transmission. I'm one of those "car of old" fans. Why I say this is because todays engines have SOOOO many sensors. One for example is the engine oil. You change your own oil and everything goes fine. Start the engine and "oh no" something says I need to check the oil. It can't recognize the new oil because it's maybe synthetic or of higher grade. WTF????? (That's what happened to one of my buddies) He actually had to take his SRT-4 to a shop to get them to input a code that made the light go off.

Well, I deviated from your question, but yeah the Camaro is worth it.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I really think the new Camaro should have been modern and not retro/modern. That design was awesome for 1967-69. The new Camaro, Mustang and Challenger look more like the old cars than the old cars do.

Do whatever you want and whatever makes you happy. They are nice cars and always will be. They just aren't for me.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by NewChevguy1994
The 2010 Camaro will be worth it, beleive me. When I get back from deployment and end my service in the Marine Corps. I AM buying that car. I do recommend however, the 1SS.
Well yeah Of Course man You just Got back from the Marines, You deserve to treat yourself man

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying an SS 6spd..thoughts?