2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will This Break Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Default Will This Break Warranty?

Hey all,
I'm 100% set on the new Camaro. I have another tread that is on colors but this one is based on having Twin Turbos put in. Would this break warranty? I was planning on putting twin turbos into my current 96 mustang gt but it has recently been diagnosed with burning oil somewhere in the engine. I plan on selling the mustang and buying a nice Blazer as a beater. I know this idea is quite premature but I'd rather have all the information now then leave it till last minute. This SS Camaro will be babied and pampered like my current mustang. Should I just leave the Camaro SS stock and enjoy the car the way the producers intended it to? Or add a little juice to spice up my weekend/summer driving experience! Any input is good.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:54 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Will This Break Warranty?

ORIGINAL: MrNah

Would this break warranty? I plan on selling the mustang and buying a nice Blazer as a beater.
Unless they offer a TTpackage i doubt it maintains warranty. As for the Blazer... Keep the Mustang.. I had a 98 blazer LS ran pretty damn good for having high mileage but with a 15 gallon tank, that big *** V6 and weighing a ton it gets the same gas mileage as a full sized truck or SUV... 14-18mpg.. 20 if youre lucky..

Old 12-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Hmmm...I "baby" my Camaro too. All my engine enhancements are just for looks...honest!
Somehow, I don't think the dealer's service department is going to believe that you're going to twin-turbo the Camaro just to "baby" it. If you really baby it, putting on the turbos will be a waste of time and money. I'm sure they'll exclude the whole drivetrain from the warranty. If you break something, engine internals, rearend, etc., there's probably going to be no guessing as to why it broke.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Overdrive Member

i have heard that some dealerships would warranty a supercharger as long as they did it and the supercharged had a warranty on it, but twin turbos is kinda drastic

Old 12-04-2008, 06:31 PM
2nd Gear member

I'd leave it stock. It will be a nice car and give good service. Modifying it wll put you in a game where you will get respect, but there are cars that will kick your butt even if you spend serious money (ever run a really well fitted out and modified turbo supra with 2 bar boost?
Point is: its a great car stock, butonce you start modifying it, its not really any more fun unless you spend a lot to add a lot of performance, and then you are in a game where there is always a faster car, if not today, next week.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Well I'm glad I asked, yea perhaps twin turbo's would be to much but of course just an idea.
As for the first response on the blazer idea what would a good beater vehicle that would have enough power to pull a trailer with my atv/dirt bike and be good for camping! I missed out on camping last year because of a back injury and I sold my truck due to the horrible gas prices. However I'm now looking for something with some good gas mileage (yea it wont be great because its a truck/SUV) and with enough power to pull a fair sized trailer. I had a 1992GMC 1500 with a 5.7litre engine that had no problems what so ever but the gas mileage was horrendous. Any ideas come to mind?
I was either thinking a Blazer/Jimmy, Jeep, or a Toyota. Any thoughts?

Old 12-14-2008, 04:58 AM
4th Gear Member

Look up the tow rating for them. I assume you mean an S10 Blazer.The S10blazers max i believe is 5500lbs. but its got a 4.3L V6 with 190hp 230tq. My family has owned 2 jeeps and they both constantly broke down. one was only 3 years old and one was 5 and it had leaky floorboards. As for toyota maybe a 4runner. idk much about em tho.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:34 PM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

NO any dealer would have to be out of there mind to warranty something like that. Your talking about a large increase on power and strain on the car and drive line. Most dealer ships dont want to replace broken parts on factory vehicles much less one running a TT set up.