2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used Camaros next year. (June 2010)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Default Used Camaros next year. (June 2010)

Okay so I have decided that the Camaro is definitely for me. What I am thinking is that there might be a few used ss2 camaros out next June (2010) to purchase. What do you think? Also, if I decide I cant wait, can I get a good deal from Chevy now on Camaros? What was your MSRP, and how much did you end up paying? BTW I am new, so excuse an redundancy.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

i got a fully loaded 2ss rs for 36,795...now that's msrp for the options i got plus 795 dealer freight charge...

i just placed the order a few days ago so i have to wait 6 months but at least in this part of the country it's not unreasonable (and i decided to buy it in a small town to avoid the big-city dealer tendency to jack up prices where there exists a larger population to support a higher demand - so therefore i got mine fairly close to msrp)

but i asked the salesmen about any incentives that GM might be offering for the camaro because for any other car i would have been eligible for the GM college student discount (as i'm a college senior) and they said that because they have been selling like hotcakes they haven't had any reason to offer incentives to move them any faster...

they actually said that GM is considering shutting down 2010 production early to increase the 2011 demand because apparently (and i'm guessing that these are the ss manual figures because this is the model we were discussing) the sales jumped up quite rapidly from 14,000 to 20,000 and actually just to get my order officially in the system i have to wait about 5 weeks more or less because it's still in preliminary status and the dealership has sold so many (and they're not allowed to carry inventory of camaros...which GM decided upon a while ago) that each time they sell a new one they have to seek allocation approval from GM, thus the preliminary order status...

but at least here in gallup, new mexico they're selling very close to MSRP (i live in albuquerque but am originally from gallup and knew the small town dealer where i know the salesmen would not jack up the price like they do in a big city...i remember when the gt500s came out and they were selling for up to 60,000 and didn't want to get walked over at a big city dealership like that)

i still don't know what the financing is going to look like though...i'm not sure if i'm going to end up financing anything at all or if i'll finance a little bit just to establish some more credit for myself in the long term...i guess it all depends on how my investments do in the next quarter

hope this helps though...

Old 05-29-2009, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah you can get a good deal!...it's up to you to decide!....BTW welcome!....

Old 05-29-2009, 08:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I think waiting until the frenzy is over has economical benefits. Just as what is happening to the Challenger, the Camaro demand will level off, and the car should start showing up more on dealer lots. You will also start seeing used ones next year.

Also, the V6 will be a bigger part of the picture and is actually quite an awesome car. With 300 HP, most likely the V8 sound will be missed more so than the actual power (unless you are a power junkie). The car actually handled better than the SS due to it's lighter weight.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:22 AM
2nd Gear member

Thats a lot better than the $53,000 one I saw in becklye, wv. I bet if they would order one it wouldnt be near as much. I'm pretty sure the woman was going to buy it. She was sending pics to here husband on her phone.