Tips on buying my first Camaro?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Default Tips on buying my first Camaro?

I'm headed to the dealership tomorrow or Tuesday and I'm wondering if there's any must-knows about buying a Camaro new (or possibly used/CPO). Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section!

Also, anyone with Camaros here have kids? I have a 4 year old but I don't want that to stop me from getting my dream car that I worked hard for. Am I on the wrong path here? Lol

Any known problems with the fifth gen Camaros I should know about?

Old 08-25-2014, 10:03 PM

Narrowing it down to possibly the SS, not sure yet if its worth it for me to get the RS package. Heavily looking at getting white with black stripes since I live in a hot area and black will be a pain to constantly clean. I literally know nothing about mods but signed up here to learn so anyone that can point me to the right direction will be great.

Question: If I'm worried about theft, is it worth it to get full coverage insurance? I don't see a point in installing an aftermarket alarm if they're so easily bypassed and plan on using a wheel lock as a deterrent!

Old 10-19-2014, 12:11 PM

You'd be nuts not having full coverage on a brand new $40K car. Get the theft protection.......it will keep you at peace whenever you park it somewhere. Make sure you put a kid's forward facing carseat in it to make sure it works out. The carseat and my 93 Z-28 didn't work out and my wife and I had to sell it. Now that I have one in college and another in high school..........I'm on the prowl for another Camaro......Good luck