2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS9 FOR SS CAMARO (is it true)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Default LS9 FOR SS CAMARO (is it true)

any truth behind the story of chevy putting an ls9 ( apparently an ls3 + supercharger ) in the new camaro for the ss model ?

and i hope they dont change the design for the production model, us guys in uk love this thing

goo yankkkssss

x

Old 12-31-2007, 12:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: LS9 FOR SS CAMARO (is it true)

i have no idea but that would be awsome.. ya im with u on that.. i hope they dont cahnge the desing.. its already been changed a bit.. not as mean looking but still very good lookin.. aha..

Old 12-31-2007, 03:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well if they do ill be sure to have one when i can afford it lol

Old 01-01-2008, 12:38 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: maroman209

i have no idea but that would be awsome.. ya im with u on that.. i hope they dont cahnge the desing.. its already been changed a bit.. not as mean looking but still very good lookin.. aha..

GM hasnt really changed much just the mirrors and I think the fender a tad and added the 'B' piller.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:46 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: adam567265

any truth behind the story of chevy putting an ls9 ( apparently an ls3 + supercharger ) in the new camaro for the ss model ?

and i hope they dont change the design for the production model, us guys in uk love this thing

goo yankkkssss

x
Chevy has not really released/confimed any specs for the new Camaro, everything at this point is speculation. While the LS3 and LS9 have been hinted at by many (and they are likely some of the last of Chevy's 4th gen. small blocks), GMs next generation of small blocks is soon to be in production so there may be a whole new engine lineup to choose from in the near future.
Clyde

Old 01-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Ninja Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redneck97

GM hasnt really changed much just the mirrors and I think the fender a tad and added the 'B' piller.
they also softened alot of the edges. same basic design, but tweaked just about everywhere. the flares arent as aggressive... so on and so forth. the B pillar does alot to the look as well, makes th car look taller. still good looking. im wondering if they are going to release an underhyped v6 version, possibly sharing powerplants with one of the G cars or something... whatever v6's chevy has laying around

Old 01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
2nd Gear member

Prolly what ever the CTS has at the time as far as V6's go. (thats my guess.)

Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

they also softened alot of the edges. same basic design, but tweaked just about everywhere. the flares arent as aggressive...

thats what i was talking about.. the linesare not as shrap looking as theypreviously were...thesharp edges juss made it look so mean... i like the agresive looking cars.. like the ws6... nothing like the camaro but mean looking..

Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

they also softened alot of the edges. same basic design, but tweaked just about everywhere. the flares arent as aggressive...

thats what i was talking about.. the linesare not as shrap looking as theypreviously were...thesharp edges juss made it look so mean... i like the agresive looking cars.. like the ws6... nothing like the camaro but mean looking..
I'm not sure what people are basing these "softening" comments on, if you are referring to the "crappy" cell phone pic of a white prototype, then I can see where you might be worried as that pic is absolutely horrible and does everything to hide the lines. The cammoed prototype pics certainly don't show much softening.
Clyde

[IMG]local://upfiles/7354/0222FA3AA5854FAD995AE3251AD3C3ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-02-2008, 08:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Prototype picture two, the camo does a good job at hiding the lines, but they are still there, very close to the Concept. I think when higher quality pics than the cell phone pic I mentioned earlier and/or uncammoed prototypes in solid colors start to appear, you will get a much better idea of what the production version will look like.
Clyde

[IMG]local://upfiles/7354/D5A87FF392A640838A55B3B027FB6D56.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: LS9 FOR SS CAMARO (is it true)