LS2 ONLY???? WHY WHY WHY??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:58 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: LS2 ONLY???? WHY WHY WHY??

The 502? It is a version of the old big block - very heavy and not nearly as powerful as the LS2 can be. The resulting car would handle like a pig and probably get spanked by a well prepared LS2.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

well i guess ill throw my opinion in 2.LOL you have to have a V6.face it! without the car will be done b4 it starts(this aint the late 60's and not everyone can afford a v8).the ls2 seems very realistic and will woop the cobras and there annoying *** superchargers(build a engine worth driving-->not some piece of **** with a supercharger on it).if you want to buy a ls7 then ypur gonna pay out the *** so make it a special edition and limited edition jus like the copos, yenkos, etc because the day a camaro rolls of the line bone stock and beats a z06 corvette is the day all hell will break loose.someone mentioned it b4 and its the truth..corvettes are for the select few, and camaros are for the rest of us! the ls2 puts out 400 hp and will be reasonably priced and if u need more HP then that then start moding.the v6 and ls2 is whats gonna happen because its the only thing practical and the only way the camaro name will stay alive and im sure chevy knows that.and lastly whats up with the V6 always being mentioned with highschoolers?? i jus turned 16 and i have a v8(LS1) and i know some others who do 2 which i think is something to be respected cuz were the ppl who save money to get it and work stupid non paying jobs at that and i really dont like being classified as a V6 highschooler(no offense to you V6 ppl).

Old 04-03-2007, 04:32 AM
Dominos Puck
New Formula! Now with 10% more Win!

A 16 year old has been let loose with an LS1? I better go buy some bricks and mortar for mailbox repair...

Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puck90a

A 16 year old has been let loose with an LS1? I better go buy some bricks and mortar for mailbox repair...
what u trying 2 say?? j/p [sm=roll.gif]

Old 04-05-2007, 10:08 PM

You don't have to worry about beating the supercharged mustangs.......all of them are safely tucked away in the garages of collector's after they have paid $20,000-30,000 over the sticker price for them on EBay. You can't go to a dealer and order one, and you can't get a dealer to give you a price on one. Nobody is going to be driving them on the street, let alone street racing them. Same thing goes for their GT500KR that is soon to be built in the "limited production" mode so that the dealers can rip off the public. Oh yes, and even the lower performance"Bullet" and "Mach" special editions are all going to end up on EBay directly from the dealer's showroomstoo. Ford is going broke while the dealer's are getting rich and the working man can't buy their advertised product...and the beancounter's can't figure out what the problem is huh?
With that said I must say that I am impressed with the current GM V6. In fact...I'm shocked at the performance of it. I just took a 2 year leaseon a new Cadillac CTS yesterday to get me thru until the Camaro comes out....and I am totally shocked at how fast it is for a 255 HP V6! It even sounds great while quickly winding up to 7000 rpm for each manual shift of the 5 speed auto trans. The dual exhaust on it are there for a reason. The new version of this motor in 2008 is supposed to be 300 HP, and I hate to admit it, but I might be able to live with that engine in a new Camaro ragtop as a daily driver, and thats quite a statement for a gearhead like me to make. I'd say the general public will be quite taken with the performance of the new Camaro with a V6 powerplant! GM will have no trouble selling enough in the market place to keep the line going unless they hire marketing people from Ford.......

Old 04-23-2007, 10:40 PM

Well... there have been "rumors" (probably not true but wish it was) that they would put a "ls9 supercharged with 900 hp" i HIGHLY doubt this but... would be really cool if they did

Old 04-28-2007, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

wat the hell is the point of a 900 HP dalily driver or even weekend cruiser..thats no fun.hell its a damn racecar

Old 04-28-2007, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

if the new version of the v6 has 300 horsepower in 2008, then i will have a v6 camaro....but heck, i may have more money by the time the new camaros come out, and maybe get the ls2. who knows? but i'm enjoying my 96 3.8 just fine right now, maybe it will last until the new one comes out.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:29 PM
2nd Gear member

No doubt the Camaro will come with an LS3 since GM is doing away with the LS2, so it will have 6.2 liters and somewhere around 410 HP (about 355 RWHP). Not really that bad as a starting place, before mods

Old 04-29-2007, 11:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

to me, you have to have a v6, thats proved by numbers. if they dont the mustang will SPANK them in sales. where i live all you see are chicks with v6 ponycars EVERYWHERE, and i dont blame them. BUT, i believe they should offer a stout v6, that does pack a low budget punch. for V8's, they should offer the ls2, a supercharged ls2 to match with the ford supercharged motors, and an ls7, that is equal to the corvette, because im sick of the camaro being tuned down. they should be offered as equals and say, CHOOSE YOUR BODY STYLE, because if you want alot of power, but dont like the corvette, then you have to face a tuned down camaro, so they should offer them as equals.