LS2 ONLY???? WHY WHY WHY??

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:04 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: LS2 ONLY???? WHY WHY WHY??

GM is just slap happy with the ls2, I saw a colorado ss concept truck with the 400hp ls2 in it.

Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 AM

i think the camaro should come out with more than two options for the person that wants more power and they should shove a V6 in there the LS2 and the LS7

Old 03-24-2006, 09:39 PM
2nd Gear member

i agree with UCANTRY. GM needs to step it up with the real thing. but the v6 and ls2 cant be the only things they come out with, think of all the model camaros. wait till you see the SS and the Z-28, the 09 camaro you see is jsut a base model, i think the engiens good for hwat its in, and there is a lot of stuff you can buy for an ls2, but there should be atleast a ls7 option too, or better yet an injected big block. if the corvette Z06 pushes 505 horsepower and gets 26 miles a gallon, then they can get some good numbers out of a 454 or 502.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:33 AM

me personally i wouldnt care if they didnt put the v6 or the ls2 in the new camaros as long as they came with the ls7 or the engine for the concept ss corvette 650+hp , i dont like that some kid can buy a hood a ss badge put it on a v6 and race to give camaros a bad name. but i guess they would need to sell to people looking for fuel economy and cheaper style to make the car worth making... i think the ss and z28 models should have a distinct charateristic like bulged fender wells and big tires big mean looking grill etc. i dont want my v8 if i get a camaro mistaken for a v6 or vise a versa. i like the ls2 and all but i want a better starting point. i heard there is an ls3 that might make it in to the lineup its similar to the ls2 but can shut off 4 cylenders to save fuel. but if i get this engine i plan on getting called the warhawk i will just buy the v6 when i comes out and throw out the engine and drop in the warhawk 454 ls7x ..

Old 05-23-2006, 12:46 PM

For the v6 it would be stupid. If a High school kid can't handle a a v8 ls1 or ls2 then he should stick with his SRT-4 or Cobalt ss. If your scared of a camaro being as fast as a corvette, that is what the Zo6 is for. If you want fuel economy get that "cool" little 4-8 cyl Impala. I feel they should start with the lowest a RS that has a bit faster ls1 than the 4th gen, next Z28 Ls2, Last SS with the LS7. If the 2 seeter Zo6 can't pull on a 4 seeter car with the same engine They need to up the HP some with mods or a supercharger. When you think of camaro you think of tire spinnin, pony smokin muscle that can still seat the kids in the back. Not some V6 like the stang that 30 year old women buy the ugliest puke green color and think they are cool in their sports car. We can't let the camaro turn into this.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:55 PM
In the Staging Lanes

i mean it dosn't matter 2 me i just want a black or silver v8 ss or z28 convertible but automatic and cd player with a cd player.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Default LS2 ONLY???? WHY WHY WHY??

ORIGINAL: bootwagner

If anything Chevy shouldnt put the 400 HP LS2 in the Camaro beacuse it will ruin the Corvette sales. I say they upgrade the base corvette to 425 HP and downgrade the HP to 370 for the Camaro, leaving some breathing room. Then Chevy can decide whether to put the 505 HP LS7 in the Camaro.
I think you're on to something, boot. Specifically, the LS7.

We all know the war hasn't been against ourselves ('Vette's & Camaro's); it's really been the back and forth battle of us and 'stangs. Mustang sales have been even higher once they did the redesign and went retro, which it looks like the '07 concept is leaning towards.

Fine by me, but the "high end", or SS model, absolutely must have the LS7 to "compete" with the Shelby GT500.

Just my .02, I.S.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Ok this is my opinion, I love the camaro I've owned five of them and I feel Camaro dosn't really get the respect it deserves. GM has always been about there little baby the Corvette, or as I like to call it "The Fiberglass *****", Camaro has always seemed to be left in the dark. Ya I've heard people say it's the pour mans muscle car. Damnit it's Camaros turn to shine I'm personally tierd of only hearing about Corvette this Corvette that ya ya ya you have money and you can by a nice show car. Sure don't get me wrong Corvettes are nice competitors and have nice style but theres something about hearing a nice cammed camaro with a great sounding exhaust just blow by you. When you have a Camaro your saying something other then "I have money" your saying you love horsepower and your not afraid to redline and unleash the beast. If there is any car out there that demands the spotlight I would say it is the Camaro, and who cares about the LS2 I say drop that motor in as a standard option but if you want some real muscle get the 427 LS6 that Lingenfelter puts in the Corvette. I think it's time for the spotlight to shine on GMs new baby

Old 07-27-2006, 01:19 AM

how bout this for thought take the ls2/ls7 tecnology but make it bigger say 9liters or so then youd see some real power w/almost reasonable mpg. the 572 is pimp as hell, mega power but it gets like negitive mpg. if you could harnes the new tecnology w/the sheer brute strength of the 572 that would be ideal. like my dad always told me theres no replacement for displacement. plus supperchargers are for people who arn't bad *** enough to run blowers. they need to put out a z28 w/a 572 blown. i've said it before ill say it again big engines big power if they could produce a car like that they'ed be entering into a whole new untaped market here in the US all the people who want power you can only get from old school cars in a new lighter high performance body. you would see them on every pro drag track in the country.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:40 PM
1st Gear Member

What's all this highschool kids and V6's? I'm not a highschool kid and drive a V6 Camaro. Not everyone can afford a V8 Camaro or the insurance on them. I may be upgrading to a V8 Camaro soon, but at the time I got mine a V8 Camaro wasn't an option for me, but I love the Camaro reguardless and that is what I wanted. If they don't put a V6 in the new model they will cut out a lot of sales and without them I see the new Camaro's have a run of 3-5 years before going under again. I don't know about where you live but here I see a lot more V6 Camaros on the road than Z28's or SS's. I don't see anything wrong with the V6, Z28, and SS lineup, it gives everyone a chance to own one of these beautiful cars. But I think they should also include something like an SS performance edition to rival these supercharged cars.