GM Runaround!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by libertyforall1776
GM does send people out sometimes -- I met one such retired GM guy at a dealership 2010 Camaro unveiling who used to do exactly that... Really interesting to talk to the guy.

I think you're right about the other points, and it's probably the case here.
I really should re read my post. I did not mean to sound like I knew everything about GM engineering. Here is what I know.

Back when The quad four first came out in 88 I had one show up in my bay with a knock in the bottom end. I had the parts department check to see if I could get a crank kit for it. I was told an hour later to go a head and pull the motor but do not even drain the oil. Two days later a complete engine showed up. I mean complete every sensor. I install the new motor and the damaged motor went in the crate and shipped off to the tech center in NJ.

So there is only two things I know. Most techs are not trained in RCA and sometimes GM wants their stuff back. Most warranty parts are held for 90 day and then scrapped.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:33 PM

The dealer told me today that they are trying to get approved for a NEW transmission from GM and they think they found one in Ohio! My question is: why does the dealer have to go looking for one, wouldn't GM ship a NEW one?

oh, the parts that are on back order are 2 bearings, part # #19180057 #12523255

Old 09-19-2010, 09:53 AM

Sep 19th now and my camaro has been in the shop since Aug 5th, still no progress towards getting it back!

Old 09-19-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Simbad66
Sep 19th now and my camaro has been in the shop since Aug 5th, still no progress towards getting it back!
You're in the drivers seat on this one, were not talking about waiting and waiting on having your car repaired now. Excuses or your having to accept them as a consumer on the behalf of the dealer or manufacture were taken off the table after 30 business days.

There is absolutely no logical or legal reason to delay having your car replaced in its entirety.

Pursue the Lemon Law protections, make a immediate call to your states consumer complaint/protection affairs representitive aka Lisa Madigan the Illinois Attorney General Office. http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.g...s/conscomp.pdf

1372 complaints were filed with this office for defective or statutory non compliance issues related to the binding contracted terms of a motor vehicle purchase (as-is sales, financing, warranties) during 2009.

Hurry and Good Luck!

Old 09-19-2010, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member

This is the risk of buying the latest and greatest. First years of a new design are historically problematic.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Contact Chevrolet Customer Assistance at 800-222-1020 and open a ticket

Old 09-21-2010, 09:43 PM

I called the 222-1020 number 3 weeks ago...

Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM

49 days after I dropped the car off and GM has finally approved the dealer to put a new transmission in, (after 4 different GM claim numbers, Numerous faxes to the Illinois Attorney General, Indiana Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau, and a Lemon Law attorney!

Sorry Guys, the camaro is a nice looking car, but this ordeal has ended my passion for GM and I'm trading it off for a SRT first chance i get.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes

At least you'll get a good trade in - the SRT guys are saying they're trading for a camaro the first chance THEY get!

Your car's service is as only good as the dealer you take it to - sorry to hear they didn't meet your expectations.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 AM

Any update on your New Transmission?

I don't blame you for wanting to get rid of it, 49 days and counting to have a resolution is just completely unacceptable period. First production yr. or not, def. not an excuse and personally, having to replace a transmission in a new 2010 car is absolutely ridiculous, period! I too would have been sooo soured by the whole experience I’d be following up on the lemon law option so not too loose soo much money on the old one when you try and sell it.

Furthermore, with so many Chevy dealers having been closed and service being more paramount then ever, they still pull this crap w/a brand new car???

Good Luck to you and what ever you decide to do.