GM Runaround!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Today (Tuesday Sep 28th) the dealer has called and said the NEW Transmission came in yesterday and I can pick my car up today, they are putting the exhaust on now. I dont know if I will ever get over how GM treated this incident but after shopping for a SRT I have decided that I just dont like challengers as much as I do the Camaro. I joined the challenger forum and didnt like a lot of post about problems they were having.

I just hope that my Camaro is as good as new and the dealership that I purchased the car from and doing the repair -- IS HISTORY-- NEVER AGAIN!

Old 09-28-2010, 01:20 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Welcome back aboard.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:13 PM
NOOB
January 2012 ROTM
Technical User
ROTM Winner's Club

^^

You would have hated the boat of a car that SRT is.... I am used to a car that has decent handling and that beast has none at all. Good choice in sticking with the Camaro, a mistake not to and go to a Challenger. I had to wait 3 weeks for my tranny to be authorized and changed on my SS balt but with 32,000 miles all under warranty. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 PM

the ordeal seems to be over, Camaro is home and in my garage!
A little advice to all of you that are putting after market parts on your camaros, GM asked several times if I had any and and they were looking real hard to find a reason not to cover it under warranty!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
3rd Gear Member

I would buy a Challenger. I think that the interior and the exterior looks better than the Camaro and I think that the performance of both cars are pretty similar. What I don't like about the Challenger is the price, but I think it would be worth it.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 AM

WOW!! That whole thing sucks!! Guess I shouldnt do anything to my stock 2010 just yet!! I was going to put a spoiler on it, but GM might just use that as an excuse not to cover something!
With all the technology and engineering- this problem shouldnt have happened, even on the 1st yr run!