2011 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

Lets hope GM comes out swinging for the fences against the Mustang..

Old 06-10-2010, 03:16 PM

camaro look kool on paper but just isnt worth much aginst that mean 5.0

Old 06-10-2010, 07:48 PM

I'd still buy the Camaro hands down over the Ford. That new mustang is one ugly looking vehicle. I have never liked the 'stang since like 93 i believe.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:21 AM

Next spring I will decide between a New Camaro or a Mustang so GM had best do some work
Gm has not repaid the loan they just transfered moneys from one loan to another.
I would have bought a new Camaro this year except for 2 reasons
1.its made in Canada designed overseas
2.I am concerned about the operation at GM
So I bought a new Shelby GT500
540 hp-520 FP torque that sounds great and goes-only reason to get another one is wife has problems with a stick
Sarge

Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS
That 5.0 Mustang is smaller, lighter and puts out more power to the rear wheels thru a 3:73.1 gear.

As far as the 11.8 second 1/4 mile, don't believe it. It would take a lot more than a few simple bolt-on parts to shave 1 second off the quarter mile.
it's on video. They launch it hard, they adjusted the tune and it's on drag radials. They got over 400WHP so yeh, that's high 11's

Old 06-11-2010, 12:32 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 96CamaroZ28
I'd still buy the Camaro hands down over the Ford. That new mustang is one ugly looking vehicle. I have never liked the 'stang since like 93 i believe.
But, what is good is there are choices once again. I don't know for how long.

The new v6 Stang is no slouch either. Depending on who runs the test they get 0-60 in 5.1 or 5.4 seconds. They run high 13's on street tires with a stock car. Not bad for a low-mid $ 20 thousand vehicle. it actually runs with the 2005-2009 GT's and that's also LT1 territory. Again, that's with a sixer

technology has changed a lot. The new Camaro will need to reduce the price because of the Stang. Also, as the push toward more traditional values continues in the country, GM will feel the repercussions of taking taxpayer money while Ford stood on its' own which is the American way.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:35 PM

And the main reason why I bought a new ford truck was because they stood on their own two feet, which I loved that they did.

But I simply cannot resist the Z28 if/when it comes out, I will most certainly be pre-ordering it for sure.

also WOODWORKER what's wrong with it being made in canada? If I am not mistaken weren't the 4th gen's made in canada as well.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:13 PM

I think the new Camaro look better than the new Mustang, especially its halo headlight

Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 PM
ROTM Director
Ride of the Month Director

Originally Posted by 96CamaroZ28
And the main reason why I bought a new ford truck was because they stood on their own two feet, which I loved that they did.

But I simply cannot resist the Z28 if/when it comes out, I will most certainly be pre-ordering it for sure.

also WOODWORKER what's wrong with it being made in canada? If I am not mistaken weren't the 4th gen's made in canada as well.
yea, they had the plant in oshawa ontario. maybe he would have preferred them built down in mexico?

camaro vs. mustang, the 2011 mustang looks better then before, but the camaro is still the nicer looking vehicle. now that ford released their 2011, i'm waiting until the 2011 camaro comes out.

if ford did make a better car, then all i can say is that it took them long enough. typically, ford has trailed behind with the mustang. so if they finally built a better car, then it's about time.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:06 PM

What is this a Mustang forum? The new Mustang is nice and fast, just not as nice and not as fast depending on who you listen to. Car and driver this month rate the STANK slower, Motor Trend faster, Eaither way its a drivers race. Also if your waiting for the 2011 Camaro to change the game? then your seriously out of times-KEEP UP- with news, theres nothing different performance wise with the 2011. WITH OPTIONS the Stank isnt any cheeper than the Camaro Actually when you add that Nav and everything else a 2SS/RS has it's over $40Grand. If you still like the Stank better than go buy one, Just know that its NOT BETTER.
There I vented
EDIT: One more thing, GM's still American last I checked and they are paying back everything, It's called a loan, Ford had to take loans as well and benifited from not going into Bankcrupsy do to GM and Chrysler not puting out as much. But there back, kickin butt, Payin there Debt, And if you still want to boycott GM then go and buy a Toyota.

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang