2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camaro LT is jerking when driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:46 PM
Default 2010 Camaro LT is jerking when driving

I have a 2010 Camaro LT 3.6l automatic. At 120xxx, the timing chain destroyed my motor. So of course, I bought a certified used one with 60xxx. The problem that I'm having is that the car does a hard jerk when say I'm going like 55mph and I "put my foot into it". You'll see the rpms jump. It especially does it when I'm going up a hill and I give it extra acceleration to try and get up it. Also hates cruise control on hills. Jumps and kicks it right off. It is not throwing a code. It doesnt feel like normal transmission slips. I replaced the camshaft sensor in bank 1 because it did randomly throw that code but sometime after the problem began. All the plugs have been replaced and coil packs checked. No air in the fuel lines. No blockage. The problem did not cease. Other than that, the car runs perfectly. It's been to several mechanics and no one can seem to figure it out. The engine has been thoroughly looked over multiple times and everyone says it's fine. It's been hooked up to multiple computers, driven while connected and when the jerks happen, it's not showing on any computers. I'm not a car person so idk what I'm talking about and I'm sorry if what I'm trying to say is misunderstood or not clear at all. I'm just a female who's soooo tired of spending money😅 I'm at my wits end.

Old 12-18-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by MyCamaroIsALemon
I have a 2010 Camaro LT 3.6l automatic. At 120xxx, the timing chain destroyed my motor. So of course, I bought a certified used one with 60xxx. The problem that I'm having is that the car does a hard jerk when say I'm going like 55mph and I "put my foot into it". You'll see the rpms jump. It especially does it when I'm going up a hill and I give it extra acceleration to try and get up it. Also hates cruise control on hills. Jumps and kicks it right off. It is not throwing a code. It doesnt feel like normal transmission slips. I replaced the camshaft sensor in bank 1 because it did randomly throw that code but sometime after the problem began. All the plugs have been replaced and coil packs checked. No air in the fuel lines. No blockage. The problem did not cease. Other than that, the car runs perfectly. It's been to several mechanics and no one can seem to figure it out. The engine has been thoroughly looked over multiple times and everyone says it's fine. It's been hooked up to multiple computers, driven while connected and when the jerks happen, it's not showing on any computers. I'm not a car person so idk what I'm talking about and I'm sorry if what I'm trying to say is misunderstood or not clear at all. I'm just a female who's soooo tired of spending money😅 I'm at my wits end.

my Camaro is doing the same thing I was wondering if you ever found the problem
​​​​​​​

Old 12-18-2020, 09:56 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

post is almost a year old, he/she has not been on site sense post. you might try and private message him. may have it tied to his email.