08 vette gets 430 horsepower LS3- Could this be camaro's engine?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 08 vette gets 430 horsepower LS3- Could this be camaro's engine?

absolutely, but with the ls7 gettin 26 highway, this car could easily be a 30 mpg car

Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: wildpaws

Fuel mileage will always be an issue as long we have the "global warming nuts" and assorted fruitcakes in the U.S. Congress! \
couldnt of said it better myself

Old 08-21-2007, 03:16 PM

i think the camaro is the best by far.... of all cars, it implies force, power, machoness, and style...

Old 08-21-2007, 10:33 PM
March 2008 ROTM

LS3 is likely going to go in some version of the Camaro, sources (that should know) on other forums have said that the LS2 is already being phased out, indeed I think they've already stopped producing them and only have whatever LS2s are stockpiled now.
Clyde
well they can stockpile one of those puppies into my garage i can tell ya that. Shoot, id take 2 of them. One for my current car, and one for my next project. lol

Old 08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: 350rs

LS3 is likely going to go in some version of the Camaro, sources (that should know) on other forums have said that the LS2 is already being phased out, indeed I think they've already stopped producing them and only have whatever LS2s are stockpiled now.
Clyde
well they can stockpile one of those puppies into my garage i can tell ya that. Shoot, id take 2 of them. One for my current car, and one for my next project. lol
Damn right, put an intake, cam in that bd boy you got 500 hp, screw the ls7 with that, plus you end up with a lumpy, powerful idle

Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: riceeater

ORIGINAL: 350rs

Clyde
Damn right, put an intake, cam in that bd boy you got 500 hp, screw the ls7 with that, plus you end up with a lumpy, powerful idle
I've always loved that "lumpy, powerful idle"!! One of the things I loved about my '69 Z/28.
Clyde

Old 10-10-2007, 07:19 PM
4th Gear Member

i see them superchargin it. there's a supercharged mustang.

as for ricers... the new skyline is s'pose to be jus shy of 400 horse, even though they s'posedly have a gentleman clause in japan where they arent aloud to excede 280, and there's there argument as to why there so de-tuned.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I don't see an LS3 going into it. Why would Chevy build a car to compete with itself. The vett has always been top of the line and the camaro is just a poor mans vett. They start putting LS#'s in it and the price will sky rocket. They need to sell these cars and that means Sporty, fun to drive, gas milage, and aprice that your average Joe/Judy can afford. Your going to have to order a car with that Monster LS3 IE: COPO or what ever they want to call it. That's just my opinion. Shaun

Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM
2nd Gear member

hate to tell ya, but the ls1 is in all 98 up maros, and a variation of the ls is in the trucks, and i think the monte ss has one but i am not positive. The Ls is chevys new small block design, not some ultra fancy/expensive legend. its a good, efficient motor

Old 10-14-2007, 06:03 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: riceeater

hate to tell ya, but the ls1 is in all 98 up maros, and a variation of the ls is in the trucks, and i think the monte ss has one but i am not positive. The Ls is chevys new small block design, not some ultra fancy/expensive legend. its a good, efficient motor
Agreed, and all of the current LS engines will soon be replaced by the new Gen5 engines, direct injection (in the heads) is going to play a big role in the Gen5 engines, rumoured to also have DOHC (at least in some versions). I think GM/Chevy has some very interesting engines in the pipeline, time will tell how fast they make it into the production cars.
Clyde

Quick Reply: 08 vette gets 430 horsepower LS3- Could this be camaro's engine?