Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

91 camaro RS 305 tbi injection problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:30 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default 91 camaro RS 305 tbi injection problems

Hello, I am posting a new post. My car has had problems and the issue has moved around a little bit.

First off when I got it it wouldn't run. No fuel pressure. So I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter. Got good pressure (11psi) when I turn the key to on and holds consistent while cranking. I could then get it to start but it wouldn't have an injector pulse constantly for an idle, just while feathering the gas. SO, I took the injectors apart and found TONS... of gunk in them. SO I replaced the throttle body unit to get all of that out of the way. SO new throttle body including the pressure regulator and both injectors. It was still not starting correctly.
I tried to put some fuel directly into the butterfly's and it would fire up and idle for about 1 min, then slowly die out if I didn't give it more gas. I looked at the coolant temp sensor and found that it was bad. So I replaced that and bam! It started right up, Idled really well (like a car that hasn't run in 2 years) But none the less it ran. I let it idle for about 10 min, then drove it for about a mile. A lot of the roughness smoothed out after that.

NOW MY PROBLEM. After driving it for that mile, I turned it off and it WON'T START AGAIN. It just cranks and cranks. The injectors don't have the pulse again. It will only inject fuel as the engine is about to die it will spray some fuel right at the end, but its already too late and the engine dies. I tried putting fuel into the butterlfy's again, but same result. It burns off the gas, then won't inject more until it is about to die. So absolutely no idle.

Things I have replaced through the whole process.

Fuel pump (Getting 11psi)
Fuel Filter (going correct direction. I checked 3 times)
Some damaged fuel lines.
Throttle body
Injectors
Pressure Regulator
Ignition Control Module
Coolant Temp Sensor

One other random fact, I found that there is no O2 sensor in this car. It has the wire and connector for it, but where it should connect to the down pipe there is threads, but the hole doesn't actually go through the exhaust pipe... Is this going to effect the start up? I can't see how it would, but didn't know if I was missing something.