93-02 Wheels, Tires and Exterior

Ebay Foglite smaller; import fake? need to modify base by drilling a hole?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 06:12 PM
2nd Gear member
Default Ebay Foglite smaller; import fake? need to modify base by drilling a hole?

title:
Ebay Foglite smaller; import fake? need to modify base by drilling a hole?

Merry Christmas Camaro member-friends,

I had ordered a right fog lite for my 93 chevy v6 Camaro, i'm not sure if it was O.E.M.

but it was a tad smaller rectagular fog light

the exterior of the one I currently have has a small dime-size crack, when i have the lights on full and I used to tap on the right fog light, it would turn on

*Is this a ground electrical problem?
**Where is a good place to buy the right size, these seemed like Chinese knockoffs and i got a full refund from the seller on Ebay like the seller knew something was wrong with them.

My mobility is limited so going to the junkyard isn't a possibility.

How about getting one from a "transmission shop"

I hear the front desk guy at my transmission shop call the Chevy / GM auto parts dealer

What do you think is the average range to get this pesky right foglight working***which***

which, I cannot state this enough only Christmas Eve no longer lights up while tapping it with my fingers.

Big bummer

I'm left with a cockeyed left foglite that works

What are we looking at in terms of autopart for the right fog light or both if they are sold in pairs and labor costs?

I really want to avoid Ebay and am willing to perhaps get a discount from the transmission shop I spent $750 in 4 days on
\
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Have a happy and safe one, ***"The true measure of a work of art is from how deeply the well springs," --James Joyce.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:14 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

have you tried replacing the bulb? i found a set of new stock ones on ebay for mine a few years back, not cheap. pita to install but not hard,,, if that makes sense.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:19 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

found some,,, your not going to like the price Camaro Parts | Lighting | Fog Lamps | Classic Industries

Old 12-26-2015, 09:53 PM
2nd Gear member

thanks. looking in to junkyard material for my friend to pick up. he goes there 2x or more per month; it's 30 miles away from where I'm at. but a $239 right fog lite made by the original manufacturer like the one sold on classic industries which u showed me and which i copied to an MS word document-- when instead--- it can be purchased off one in a boneyard T-boned or rear ended into junk-disabled-dead-status for $30 is way worth it. thanks.