93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

Turbo kits for 3.4

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:15 AM
Talking Turbo kits for 3.4

OK my name is mike my 94 camaro 3.4 I really would like to put a turbo I know it not going to be able to blow the doors off anyone but I still want it I've had the car 8 yrs been thru hell and back with it I've have a built transmission 4l60e I've changed the connecting rods, pistons, valves, and valve springs to titanium and valves have 3 sided grind to seal better and solid drive shaft not the 2 piece with carrier bearing pos and upgraded injectors 18lbs just ? What is the best turbo for the car thanks. PS. Not selling for a v8 so work with me

Old 02-03-2016, 11:34 AM
4th Gear Member

I have not seen anyone put a turbo on one of those cars ,mostly they build the engine to handle a turbo with 3.8l ,you may try youtube an see who is doing it ,an engine with a lot of miles is probley not the best for putting a turbo on it an the cost for one a good one ,? shape of your engine miles low high oil leaks ?,an most who do turbo cars have a used engine to tune the car couse there is a chance the engine can be toasted if not done right,somone elce will know more ,I would not do it ,what you can do that's cheap is those little fans that draw more air into the the air box an get few HP ,I think either way unless you built the engine above stock its risky check out some of the builds projects section.?oh you will need all internal to be forged steel pistons an so on to handle the force turbo puts on an engine at the same time there may be one hear somewhere I have just not seen it the 3800 yes theres a build going on now in projects like said

Last edited by 95 camaro 406; 02-03-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 02:43 PM

OK well all internals is forged and we'll it doesn't leak anything that's y I maintain it I rebuilt the motor with new gaskets at 195000 now it has 215000 but that's the worst part so idk I just thought there might be a kit

Old 02-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

There is no kit, the heads on the car are all wrong for a turbo. Yes the turbo will get more air/fuel mixture into the cylinder but the turbo will not help it empty the cylinder. The exhaust ports are a choke point so the turbo does not do much for the 3.4. Even NO2 will not help much.

It would add some power but with a 5-7k cost you could buy 2 completely stock LS1 cars that would both be faster then your turbo 3.4 which would by why no one makes a kit. Anytime you think about turbo charger on the car you have 2 choices, One rebuild the motor to verify clearances and ring gaps, Upgrade rings, pistons and oil pump, OR assume the motor is disposable and have a couple spares sitting around and hope when the motor blows it does not hurt the turbo or the trans.

Last edited by Gorn; 02-03-2016 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:06 AM
Former Sponsor

That's right, there are no custom Turbo kits for this model and fabricating a kit by yourself will turn in a lot of time and money.

If you want to go faster on your Camaro, why not just adding a Nitrous? Even +50HP will make a big difference, just make sure your engine parts are in good condition to handle it.
I recently made a post about nitrous kits, check it out here: https://camaroforums.com/forum/nitro...98/#post708385

and this:
1994 Chevy Camaro Nitrous Oxide Systems at CARiD

Old 07-28-2023, 06:47 AM
Default I got a 95 camaro with 3.4 .Our options are limited.

1. Cold air intake ,chip for computer,exhaust system,injectors all i found for the 3.4.Heads are whats holding it back my opinion.Not enough flow.I been thinking about popping my heads off and getting then worked over . I couldn't even find a cam shaft for 3.4. Wish you luck on turbo.You find a kit please let me know I looked for weeks online .
    Originally Posted by Mayomaro1
    OK my name is mike my 94 camaro 3.4 I really would like to put a turbo I know it not going to be able to blow the doors off anyone but I still want it I've had the car 8 yrs been thru hell and back with it I've have a built transmission 4l60e I've changed the connecting rods, pistons, valves, and valve springs to titanium and valves have 3 sided grind to seal better and solid drive shaft not the 2 piece with carrier bearing pos and upgraded injectors 18lbs just ? What is the best turbo for the car thanks. PS. Not selling for a v8 so work with me

Old 07-28-2023, 08:20 PM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Johnallen
  1. Cold air intake ,chip for computer,exhaust system,injectors all i found for the 3.4.Heads are whats holding it back my opinion.Not enough flow.I been thinking about popping my heads off and getting then worked over . I couldn't even find a cam shaft for 3.4. Wish you luck on turbo.You find a kit please let me know I looked for weeks online .
This thread is from 7 years ago and the OP had only 2 posts here,check those dates.