Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > Fourth Generation (1993-2002) > 93-02 Drivetrain > 93-02 V6 Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 AM
On The Tree
No cars in VanHalen's garage, add now

Default 95 3.4L camaro water pump

O K just bought my camaro, and need to change the water pump. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal, and I will replace the belt while I'm down there. Before I get into it, does anyone have any tips on what to look out for or any info or stuff like that? It will be my first time replacing a water pump. One more thing, is there a gasket that fits between the pump and the engine or does the bolt on create the seal?
Eventually upgrading to a v8...someday
Old 02-01-2009, 02:59 PM
4th Gear Member
No cars in bluovlh8er's garage, add now

you need the gasket/s

btw, the 3.4 water pump sucks, i watched a friend do it and you have to take alot of stuff off, kinda a pita
Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
On The Tree
No cars in VanHalen's garage, add now

Actually have already completed. Was decently easy, jsut had to remove ari filter, move the distributer to get to the power steering bracket, and the rest is cake. The hard part was removing all the gasket seal, took me and a friend 2 hours. She sealed and good to go now though
Eventually upgrading to a v8...someday
Old 09-06-2010, 12:11 PM
No cars in johansen961's garage, add now

Default 1995 camaro water pump

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TAKING ABOUT,I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU CHANGE A WATER PUMP WITH 5 OF YOUR FRIENDS IN 3 1/2 HOURS,YOU CHIME IN EVERYTIME SOMEONE IS LOOKING FOR HELP AND YOU JUST BRAG ON WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND OFFER NO HELP AT ALL.THERE IS NO WAY YOU CHANGED A 1995 CAMARO WATER PUMP IN EVEN 3 DAYS.STAY OFF HERE UNLESS YOU HAVE USEABLE INFO FOR OTHERS. YOU NO WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THAT USED WATER PUMP IF YOU NEED DIRECTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Stick that pump where the sun don't shine
Old 09-06-2010, 12:14 PM

These post are for the great vanhalen super water pump man!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:54 PM
2nd Gear member
1972 Plymouth Duster
My Garage

Peter K engel

????

Why the attack a year and a half after vanhalen super water pump man last posted?
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
No cars in roguecamaro's garage, add now

Wink water pump on 3.4 V-6

I did this last year by my self over night took longer to than 5 hours but I was alone and had never done this on this engine I had done the water pump on several v-8 from the 70's and a 90's.
the biggest pain is removing the power steering pump & pulley since some egg head designer of engine decided to put pump bolt under the pulley but if you are only doing water pump you can cut off the bracket for power steering where it covers water pump and remove water pump without removing power steering pump, that is what i did since at 3am the auto parts store is closed and I do not own a gear puller or pulley removal tool whatever you want to call it. and had it done in time to leave for work.
I only wish i could find an aluminum flywheel for when i replace the clutch.
as for 5 guys doing this in 3-3.5hours it is possible if they all know what they are doing and have done this before because if i had all the tools i would have been done in about 3-4 hours and i have lots of experience on car work.
i am also into designing and welding, and looked at worries about the bracket cutting does not weaken it enough to worry it was designed like it was for a tank or a jet fighter way over board for all that it does, actually designed stronger than the engine it's self if you look at thickness of cylinder walls to coolant passages.
if you dis agree with my views please tell me why and convert me to seeing it your way? I am only pointing out what i know and see but if you know more I am always willing to learn there is no such thing as too much knowledge in my mind.
God speed and keep those wheels turning
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
1995, 34, 34l, 95, camaro, changing, chevrolet, drive, engine, oil, pump, replace, seal, water, waterpump