Is 1968 Camaro worth $18k

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 11:33 AM
Default Is 1968 Camaro worth $18k

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I've wanted a first gen Camaro (68) since I was in my late teens and now funds have allowed me to finally afford one (not too pricey).
Everything here in California is way over priced or if you do find one for a decent price, it's best to he'll.
I located a pretty good looking 68 back in the east coast. The owner says it runs great, body is straight, 327cc, th350 transmission. The car was mildly restored about 5 years ago. I haven't been able to see the car in person (2500miles away), but from what I can see everything looks good and even good a video of the car being started and idling.
Would you think that $18k would be a good price for this vehicle? If not, what would you say it's worth.

NOT ABLE TO ADD PICS TO THIS POST...PICTURES ARE IN MY ALBUM.

Last edited by Gabet95; 11-14-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 01-07-2017, 03:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Gabet95
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I've wanted a first gen Camaro (68) since I was in my late teens and now funds have allowed me to finally afford one (not too pricey).
Everything here in California is way over priced or if you do find one for a decent price, it's best to he'll.
I located a pretty good looking 68 back in the east coast. The owner says it runs great, body is straight, 327cc, th350 transmission. The car was mildly restored about 5 years ago. I haven't been able to see the car in person (2500miles away), but from what I can see everything looks good and even good a video of the car being started and idling.
Would you think that $18k would be a good price for this vehicle? If not, what would you say it's worth.

NOT ABLE TO ADD PICS TO THIS POST...PICTURES ARE IN MY ALBUM.
I would say $18k is a more than fair price if the car is straight enough. But without going all the way out there of course it would be hard to know for sure.
Im going to assume its a base model since you didnt mention it being a RS.
If you feel like the guy is shooting you straight it might be worth a trip for $18k.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by MOmilkman
I would say $18k is a more than fair price if the car is straight enough. But without going all the way out there of course it would be hard to know for sure.
If you feel like the guy is shooting you straight it might be worth a trip for $18k.
Well after 6 weeks of emails, text messages, phone communications, and $16k cash exchanging hands....the car is now mine.
6 days after making the purchase the car finally arrive on a transport carrier. I was hoping for the car to look as good as it did in the pictures and videos the owner sent me......I must say, the cars condition surpassed my expectations.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:05 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MOmilkman
Well after 6 weeks of emails, text msg, phone calls, and $16K exchanging hands the car is mine.
It took the carrier company 6 days to transport the car from Rhode Island to California. During our 6 weeks of communication, the seller sent me several pictures and videos that I requested, he was also able to give me all the specifics of the car. When the car finally arrived, I was pleasantly surprise. don't get me wrong, the car isn't show quality, but it certainly is a very nice restore and weekend driver.
With all that said I'm very happy with my purchase and I'm excited to add my our personal touches to the car.

Attached Thumbnails Is 1968 Camaro worth k-fullsizerender-3.jpg  
Old 01-16-2017, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

That's a good price for a complete running car if it's as nice as you say it is, but BEWARE of rust. I'm serious here because I've bought a few things from back there and they "say" there's not much rust - to them. I've seen people get burned big time because they either didn't go fly out and see it or have someone physically go inspect it. For $18k I'd spend a couple hundred on a weekend flight out there to see it. MOmilkman is right that's it's worth the trip.
Just my 2 cents.
I was standing there looking at my car before I bought it, and still am pissed about 1-2 things that were a little worse then played out. Oh well. I'm doing a full build for myself down the road anyway, but for now, it's still drop dead *****en the way it is.
Good Luck

Old 02-22-2017, 08:36 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Name:  20170219_164319_zpsiw9iqtlu.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  197.2 KB
They are out there. I got this one less than 14k here in VA