ZL1 Discussion Discussion for ZL-1 ONLY

ZL1 5 things you hate and 5 you love

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Default ZL1 5 things you hate and 5 you love

I bought a 2011 M3 7 months ago and I am bored. I 'm a shade tree mechanic, but you don't want to modify this car. Why? no service manual ( so no torque specs or assembly or disassembly instructions nothing) BMW nor anyone has one. On top of that the cost of doing modification is friggin stupid. The performance increase on these $$$mods are not impressive either. Plus the M3 S65 has had bearing and connecting rod clearance issues that can cause engine failure which makes me not want to touch it. So I am bored.

So I am thinking ZL1. I was looking at a GT500 or SRT8 Challenger but the ZL1 is my favorite. However, I need to know how you guys like your cars, engine problems, stereo etc.

Can everyone list 5 things you love and 5 things you hate about your car for me?

Old 11-20-2013, 09:45 PM
4th Gear Member

You have it less than 12 hours and I don't think very many of our members have ZL1 cars.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:46 AM
Third Generation Moderator
March 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Indeed. Most of us, however, have jobs. So it's a little difficult to get online at any time of day.

If I had the money for a ZL1, I'd by a '69 SS.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't have a ZL1 but I can give some pointers on what I think about the ZL1 after seeing the reviews. I believe the ZL1 is a bit heavier then the SS but has about 125hp more. the braking is good and the handling is pretty good for being a land barge. I never paid much attention to what others said about the interior mostly because I believe if your buying a performance car for the interior your buying it for the wrong reason.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:07 PM
Overdrive Member
Lightbulb

Camaro Service Manuals ARE available, here, 2013:
Helm Incorporated: Search Results

Originally Posted by Darkone
I bought a 2011 M3 7 months ago and I am bored. I 'm a shade tree mechanic, but you don't want to modify this car. Why? no service manual ( so no torque specs or assembly or disassembly instructions nothing) BMW nor anyone has one. On top of that the cost of doing modification is friggin stupid. The performance increase on these $$$mods are not impressive either. Plus the M3 S65 has had bearing and connecting rod clearance issues that can cause engine failure which makes me not want to touch it. So I am bored.

So I am thinking ZL1. I was looking at a GT500 or SRT8 Challenger but the ZL1 is my favorite. However, I need to know how you guys like your cars, engine problems, stereo etc.

Can everyone list 5 things you love and 5 things you hate about your car for me?

Old 03-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Default What I Love and Hate about my ZL1

I Love

- The ride and Handling is simply AWESOME!! The mag ride is just phenomenal. You can go from a smooth ride to a tight and refined ride in seconds.

- The Horsepower. The wine of the supercharger and the rumble of the exhaust, What more can you say!!

- The Recaro seats are comfortable and hold you in place.. The micro fiber suede finish on the dash and steering wheel are nice touches also

- The overall look is menacing. It just says lets go fast!! Love it way better than the looks of the challenger. The heat coming from the Carbon fiber hood vents sitting at a red light is neat to see.

- The looks you get from people when driving by. Its just a car that you don't see many of and people like to look at!! Im always looking for ZL1 Camaros when Im out and about and hardly see any.

I hate

- The rear view is limited. especially trying to back up.. Guess the camera helps a little but it could be better.

- The navigation and stereo suck!! I drive many rental cars for work and have to say there better options in other vehicles. Chevy really needs to step up in this department. Then again you don't buy a car like this for the stereo and navigation.

- It sits in the Garage for 7-8 months a year. This is more my fault for living in Pennsylvania.

- Its really hard to find anything else wrong with it!!

Its just a fun car to drive. I have owned and driven allot of cars and this car is one of the few that every time I get in it, It just puts a smile on my face, cause I know its going to be a fun drive!!

Test drive one.. and leave the checkbook at home, Cause your gonna buy it.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:38 PM

you don't love this car
so. plz sell it to some1 who does

thanks