Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

NEW L.E.D. Under car Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Default NEW L.E.D. Under car Kit

Ok I was thinking of getting an LED light kit for under my car but im no sure how that would turn out, will the lights short out in the rain? does weather have an effect on them? will they hit the ground?

thanks

Old 02-12-2007, 04:26 PM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: NEW L.E.D. Under car Kit

if you get anything other then streetglow they dont work right at low temps. you know what man, i had them and you get made fun of for that shyt alot. i wouldnt do it. but its up to you.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:44 AM
3rd Gear Member

L.E.D.s don't have to have the gas to atomize. Neons do, that's why they don't work well when cold. It is up to you, but yes they are water proof. B.T.W. PURE H2O will not conduct electricity. Other elements that ionize the water make it conduct. For an extra precautionary step, when I install them, I put a small bead of silicone around the boot the wires go into the tube.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:18 AM

Ok thanks I appreciate the help, im probably not going to end up buying them just so i can have more money to go under the hood. plus i gotta get tint, where i live people like to steal cars with systems, well im sure thats the same as everywhere but its pretty bad when it comes to that situation over here