Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

need a trusted website to buy hood

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: need a trusted website to buy hood

if u go check out ebay they will have stores that sell items and u can call and order witch is wat i like to do, i would check that out plus its the cheapest place as well

Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
In the Staging Lanes

To Rawr12345 have you ever bought from andysautosport.com? they have the hood and its almost 70 bucks cheaper then the site i was lookin at

To 98ss ive never done the ebay thin so wut do u mean they have stores? like a link on the page to click on?

Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 AM
1st Gear Member

I have ordered from andysautosport.com. The package took awhile to get to me, but it came with no damage or anything. Would probably order from them again.
And for the stores, just type in whatever product you are looking for and once you click on one of the items, sometimes you will see that that item is actually being sold by a merchant or "store". The stores usually have their own number or website within the auction so you can just call them up outside of the whole ebay situation and just place an order w/out the hassle.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:03 PM
4th Gear Member

andys takes for ever to ship, but other than that i like them.

Old 02-27-2008, 06:41 PM
2nd Gear member

well go to ebay and type in wat ur looking for then it will pop up u find one u like and click on it if u look under the users name that is selling it it will have a link that goes to there store... some stores use ebay to sell stuff i think summit sells stuff and other stores do to and sell for alot cheaper and always fast shipping some stores do free shipping if u call in just find the number and give them a call

Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok... Glad someone else thought that andys was slow... The prices weren't too bad though. Good luck with your hood!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 PM
4th Gear Member

they had great sevice though, from my experience. got 3 sets of tail lights for price of one. never even asked me to send back, just kept sending em.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tman21786

no i havent yet but they are a bit more pricey ive heard but maybe it will be worth it.. il check on that tho
the problems with carbon fiber hoods is that 90% of them are just laid over poor quality fiberglass molds and they almost all have issues and the problem with that is that you can't just do somebody work to fix it because it's carbon fiber

if there was a true CF hood out there is would be in the thousands and it would still probably not be nice enough for a street car. if you don't know what I'm talking about, just look closely at some of the tuner cars out there and you'll see exactly what I mean

most of these "carbon fiber" hoods only weight a couple of pounds less thana good 'glass hood because they are just laid over a 'glass base that'scgelcoated

stick with 'glass and look into Harwood

Old 02-28-2008, 02:24 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ok yeah im goin with the fiber glass.. and think im gonna go with andys site the time doesnt really matter to me seeing how i cant drive my z till the snow goes away so it should be pretty close to that time then b4 it gets to me

Old 02-29-2008, 12:38 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tman21786

ok yeah im goin with the fiber glass.. and think im gonna go with andys site the time doesnt really matter to me seeing how i cant drive my z till the snow goes away so it should be pretty close to that time then b4 it gets to me
all those vendors that site has, I have never heard of except RK Sport, and their stuff leaves a lot to be desired

you want a trusted site and now you are shopping on price? as I said before, you will end up paying a lot more in the end by buying cheap fiberglass. you put any of that no-name stuff up next to Harwood (or any other top tier manufacturers)and you will see how inferior it really is. those are the types of vendors that even their gelcoat usually cracks and has big air pockets....but it's your money

Quick Reply: need a trusted website to buy hood