Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

A little mod needed a little help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:13 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Well, I would suggest you look at what your goal for your car is. What other paint plans you have for it. You say you want to do rally's, well I think that flat black rally's wouldn't really look that well on a white car, but gloss black rally's would. Flat black would be better suited for a darker color car IMO. But if you're going to go with blue or red or silver or whatever other color rally's, the flat black could blend nicely or might not. I think the best would be a gloss black since you said your rims are going to be a gloss black. And I would suggest you just take it to shop to do, if you do it yourself using the proper materials, then go out it. But sounds like maybe your thinking about spray caning it, that stuff will last a while given you do good prep work, but it's going to eventually end up fading and wearing down to the white paint under it. That stuff is just not made for car exterior panels. Were if you just have a shop do it, then it's going to last a lot longer and you won't have to redo it or pay someone to do it later on. This is on of those things that if you do it yourself, later on your going to say to yourself "I should of just had a shop do it the first time."

Old 03-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Man i tried to take it to a local shop down here the guy looked at me like i was dumb and said he wouldnt do it! I was so shocked! Im just going to do it myself, i found a pretty nice write up that really goes into detail so i think i should be able to pull it off and have it still look good. Im going to make sure to buy some high quality paint and prime it and all so it doesnt come out crappy. Ill post pics as i go along. heres the link if anyone else is interested.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/paint-...ger-panel.html

Old 03-20-2009, 06:41 PM

omg im so upset i gave it a shot and it came out perfect! it was glossy even and utterly perfect! i left it out to dry in the open..not even under any trees! Came back 2 hours later and a bird had taken a dump right in the middle! tried to get it off but it was ruined so now i have to wait for it to dry and sand it down again and redo it

Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 PM
September 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

keep at it, you'll get it