Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Dr. Colorchip

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 11:18 AM
3rd Gear Member
Default Dr. Colorchip

Has anyone ever tried this or heard about it? I saw an ad for it in Automobile magazine and I'm considering getting it to do some touch up on my rear bumper.

http://drcolorchip.com/

Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

that type of stuff is usually total crap. I don't even read that magazine, but let me guess. you saw the ad in the back of the magazine, right next to adds for the Turbonator, cologne guaranteed to make women want you, and pills that will make the ***** bigger?

Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Actually, I ended up buying their basic touch up kit and it turned out pretty well. It saved me $450 in repair costs and looks a lot better than it did before so I can't complain.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

you could have gotten the same thing for about $12 or $15 bucks from your dealership and used the backside of a matchstick instead of a one use "brush", and it would have worked out just as good

just some info for the future

Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

Well, I already have a bottle of touch up paint and I used that first. The Dr.Colorchip touch up looks a helluva lot better. The paint is applied exactly where it needed to be with no excess, and it also comes with a blending solution which worked well. I've used dealer touch paint many times before and none of the other times has a touch up been as easy and turned out as well as it has with the Dr.Colorchip. IMO it was well worth $50 to try something new.