Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Black Out Look

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Default Black Out Look

I have a 1994 Dark Green v6... I dont care much for speed just howit looks... iput black inserts for the "CAMARO" on the bumper over the summer and got to looking and when it gets warm out I want to do the black out affect for my lights but didnt know how that works... I saw on ebay something that you just snap over them... like these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tail-...em230222507551

and my friend said something about painting them or some stupid thing i never heard of..

and also blacking out my head lights..

does anyone know where to get them from or what to do??

and do you think that would look dumb? all dark green and then black lights/bumper insert

when i save up enough i want black rims and tint as well

[IMG]local://upfiles/9429/33A11EC12F794FC5A8BC79E1CC8DB8F3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2008, 06:01 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: Black Out Look

You can the tail light black outs from Auto Zone or any major Auto parts store in your area. They will probably run about $40.00. I have them on my car and I like them. They snap right on...very easy.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:41 PM

alright sweet ill have to look into that. i heard that it really messes up your lights at night like its hard to see them and that you should take them off, is that true?

and also is it better to get the ones you snap on vs the vinyl crap?

Old 02-18-2008, 12:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

having the black outs on your car cuts the visibilty in half, i have them on my car, and people have told me they can see them just fine, they are just a little more dim.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:12 PM

Yeah mine show up good at night also. Daytime visability isnt as good.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear Member

You should go with covers for the headlights seeing as how you'll probably want to take them off at night so you can see better. As for the tailights covers would work fine. What your friend was talking about when he said to paint them was probably something called VHT Nightshade. Comes in a spray can and you just spray it on. IMO i think you would be better off with the covers than the Nightshade.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:48 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Banks

You should go with covers for the headlights seeing as how you'll probably want to take them off at night so you can see better. As for the tailights covers would work fine. What your friend was talking about when he said to paint them was probably something called VHT Nightshade. Comes in a spray can and you just spray it on. IMO i think you would be better off with the covers than the Nightshade.
have you honestly ever known anyone to keep taking those things off and on their car. you know as well as everyone else, that once someone puts those things on their cars, they leave them there.

they will cut down visibility a lot (same as the NightShades). I don't care for either one of the changes, but the nightshades are a much better quality way of doing the change. you also have to realize that if the cops want, they can ticket you for either one of them because any altering of your safety equipment is illegal