VS Cars going head to head!

who would win?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member
Default who would win?

ok so there is *** who is constantly talking about how amazing and fast his little riced out pos civic is. he thinks he can beat my 3.4 camaro and i know the 3.4s arent fast at all but please tell me they can take a little 99 civic with a fart can, CAI and the dead weight ofsubs in the back. the kid couldnt even keep up with my gf's 2000 passat she had (1.8t) and i beat her plenty of times so im guessing id have this race. nothing is done to my car except k&n filter, new plugs and MSD wires which were a waste btw but oh well its already done with. so who do you guys think would win this? i know my car is pretty much nothing but please tell me it can at least beat his pos ricer.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: who would win?

You told us it would, so why the doubt?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:51 PM
3rd Gear Member

Nah your car isnt nothing. A Camaro is a Camaro, and im pretty sure you beat him, unless he has some untold mods.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

just because im not sure if my girlfriend was flooring it or not when she raced me because when she did have that car she floored it once and the pedal got stuck to the floor and ever since then i think she was afraid to floor it so i just wanted to have some reassurrance

Old 12-30-2007, 11:54 PM
1st Gear Member

well to me my car isnt really anything after i test drove a corvette and ever since ive been saving to get a z28 or a firebird

Old 12-30-2007, 11:59 PM
2nd Gear member

Well, he has you in the HP to weight ratio, by quite a bit, but you absolutely demolish him in the torque to weight ratio.

(This is assuming he started with the si trim, with the vtec.)

Any other trim level, and you will basically bend him over and say open.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member

oh i forgot to mention he doesnt have the si its just the ex or lx or something like that so im guessing im gonna be bending him over?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:12 AM
2nd Gear member

Yes, you will be bending him over.

And when you do, he will come up with some lame excuse, and you can pull out your math knowledge, and prove to him that it was impossible for him to win.

DX/LX: With those mods, a GENEROUS 20 pounds per horse. (Don't get me started on pounds per tq. [8D] )
HX: With those mods, a GENEROUS 18 pounds per horse. (Again, don't get me started on pounds per tq.)

Stock, the 3.4s are 20 pounds per horse also, but the tq will more than make up for that. If you can go from a roll, It would probably help. But you won't need any help. [8D]

Old 12-31-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear Member

sweet thats what i wanted to hear and hopefully in the summer when i have enough money to get a z or a bird i can bend him over even farther and rip him a new one[8D]he's one of those kids who is obsessed with skylines and when he gets beat he tries to do the typical ricer "well if i had a skyline" blah blah blah

Old 12-31-2007, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear member

There aren't any ricers like that around here.

One kid at school has a neon (not the srt4 turbo crazy thing) with the bodykit, wheels, tail lights, the whole shibang. He made a movie for one of our classes, and in it he did a 'burnout' by reversing out of his driveway, slamming it into drive and punching the gas. I felt like taking his tranny from him, and protecting it with my life! Anyway, he was talking about racing another kid who has a civic, and I asked 'where do you guys race?' And he just said 'No fast cars allowed. You go race with cars of your own size.'

Basically He knew his place, even though his car may count as a ricer. lol.