VS Cars going head to head!

Very funny race... BTW Buick century & Dodge charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Default Very funny race... BTW Buick century & Dodge charger

I live in the new york area and around the Niagara falls area, this dodge charger, forgot what year tried to race me of course I had to even though I thought I would lose. I have a 2000 Buick century, soon to be 1990, 1996, or 1998+ Camaro, still deciding on what I should get and not sure on the year of the charger. Well anyways, I was going down william street in NF, and he pulls up to a red light and revs his engine, didn't sound good at all, If i had to guess what he had, I would guess the crappy V6 because no way would I have beaten a V8 charger. So after the light turned green, gunned it, and after about 40-45 MPH I started to take the lead, and we were going about 80-90 and kept hitting lights. Was on the way to my GF's house, had her in the car, and he just had himself in the car. We hit 3 lights on my way to my GF's house before we both turned opposite ways on Niagara falls boulivard (beat him all 3 times). After I passed him the second time i decided to be cocky and waved at him, of course he was looking. The last red light, almost got in an accident because I was going 95, and not sure how much stopping distance I had but wasn't much, almost ran into the intersection. At the red light he was screaming at me and I was just laughing, he lit up a ciggarette after he figured out that I was not paying attention to him because I couldn't understand him anyways, music blaring. Wish I had a video camera at that time so I could show you guys his face haha, was so funny. After this race, I decided not to race ever again until I got my camaro because I almost ran into an intersection which people go 50-60 though, plus, who races with a buick century for god sakes haha. If I did go through it, prolly would have totalled my car either on the driverside because after i stopped this car zoomed by doing 55 roughly. Can't wait to get a camaro though and customize it, like I said, in september/august I am headed off to college and going for classic restoration and custom paint and graphics, so would be nice to have one.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: Very funny race... BTW Buick century & Dodge charger

fyi, ur probably going to get yelled at for racing in traffic. im all for street racing, but u gotta know ur car before u do it. no room for error here

nice kill tho

Old 05-13-2008, 10:38 PM

Yeah, I took traffic into account as well, it was around 10-11PM at night, and not many people on this street at that time. Ahead of me, there was no one, so I got lucky you can say. If there was someone ahead of me then I probably would have not raced because there would have been too much of a risk, but let alone going 95-100 in a 45 is enough of a risk, Especially when this street is known for cops heh, but I wanted to see what that charger had. Obviously that charger that the kid was driving, sucked if he got smoked by a 2000 Buick century three times all 0-100 haha.(did not reach 100 each time though, reached about 92-96 the last time, and 80-85 the other times)

Something similar happened before too but I was turning on an on ramp, next to me was a BMW not a coupe, one of the BMW cars (If it was a coupe I would have let him by because I wouldn't waste my time to get smoked). This was on North French road in Amherst, and there is 2 lanes to the on ramp from the light and merges into one. Decided half way thought the turn I wanted to get ahead of the BMW and gunned it. Obviously he wanted to get infront of me because after I started gunning it he was on my *** the whole time about 1-5 feet behind my rear, and stayed there till he decided he could not pass me, and If anything, he would have side swipped me in the rear a little bit. After that he backed off, was some 60-80 year old driving. (not saying there is anything wrong with being that age) I guess you can say these times were funny, this one happened about 3 days - 1 week before I had the occurance with the dodge charger though. The same day I raced that charger, I was trying to race a puny PT cruiser for the hell of it haha. One thing I would like to say about the 2000 buick century, is they can do some wicked burnouts for a FWD car. I can do a decent one from a standstill applying no pressure to the brake and dropping it down to 1st gear. (on regular pavement not even wet)

Old 05-14-2008, 10:34 AM
3rd Gear Member

YOU RACED IN TRAFFIC?!? WHAT THU.....***** F........SONOFA!! YOU LITTLE INCONSIDERATE.......YOU IRRISPONIBLE LITTLE..........

Just kidding. Yeah be carefull when doing that and if it can be helped do it on, preferbly, a remote road or a empty highway.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Ninja Administrator

i can say ive been there. when I had my mustang I raced a buddy in his c4 vette. we were on a stretch of road that turned into highway for about a mile, then back into city road, and we ended almost too late. i had to break hard at the end. but hey, weve all been dumb kids at one point. good thing im not like that anymore..... [&:][&o]

Old 05-14-2008, 01:17 PM
1st Gear Member

my first car was a buick century (88)
we used to race the shxt out of it when i was a kid.
five deep with a case of beer and a bong in back seat doing 90 in 35mph zones. and racing every car at every light. no matter what.
i think it was only a 3.4 but it only had 20,000 miles on it so it still had that factory "quickness".
ikiled a couple of resto projects in that car. got killed more often but no one expected a '88 car in 1998 to have 20k on it.

good times
i fell like you could get away with more back then.
ill never regret it but ill never do it again.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:58 PM

Yeah, I raced at night so there was no traffic and I had an empty strip of road up ahead, and I said what the hell, mind as well go for it haha... had to be clear for about 1-3 miles of course there was car's waiting at lights to turn on william street but, what would you do when your winning haha, stop and let him get his glory? hell no, I wanted to show him that his car was crap and should have gotten the V8... After that he was probably telling himself... "Damn, wish I got the V8... I just got smoked by a buick century =[" Lol... Yeah, I stopped racing with the buick, mind as well not wreck it and have to hold off the camaro I want to buy... I would hate that, especially if I had to drop another tranny into it... I do burnouts a lot at the school's to **** of the teachers because I hate almost every single one, my auto teacher just laughs when he see's me doing them... Doesn't mind him, he was probably saying to himself, "God, I can just remember the times when I was a kid, Loved 'em" haha... Hes a cool guy though... Alright thanks everyone for the posts, especially LT1RUNNER, like how you started off the post...[8D]

Old 05-14-2008, 04:26 PM

I learned my lesson anyways with my old car... 1986 Pontiac Parisienne, was a nice luxury car on the inside (wish I had pictures of the interior, looked way better then most of the parisienne's. also had the addition on the exterior "turbine wheels", I hated them because I couldn't find the center caps for under 50.00$ each cause someone stole them off my car, had 1 left after someone stole 2 and 1 fell off doing a burnout, didn't know until after...), VERY COMFORTABLE, and use to ride nicely... That is until I totalled it... Didn't really have a lot of damage on it, but as someone said, "They would have to fabricate some parts in the front end because they couldn't find them anywhere..."

Picture Before Accident...
[img=http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1923/carbeforeaccidentmq3.th.jpg]

Picture of a nice burnout I did in my junior year in highschool at boces... Harkness in cheektowoga, the principle suspended me for 2 days because after, the auto body teacher came out yelled a crap load, and told me to move my car. As stubourn as I was, I just left and went to a friends house... Tried to look for me and knew I left and decided to suspend me... If I would have went I would have not been suspended, "So he said..." HEY atleast they sent me a picture of the burnout haha... This was only the beginning of it though, wish it was towards the end, there was way more smoke...

[img=http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/6282/burnoutuc6.th.jpg]

Picture After the accident...
I have 3 pictures of the accident, but this one shows the most so I have chosen this one... I was on Main street in amherst going to south highschool to pick up a GF 11-15-07... All of the sudden this pick-up truck stops to let a bus go into the school **the bus didn't have his lights on to stop or anything(most of my friends said I was retarded not to stop for a bus when it is letting off kids, but they are the retarded ones for not listening**) And so I was ashing my cigarette out the window, had to move it down alittle to ash, then when I looked back was too late. The pavement was wet because it rained 15-30 mins before hand and smashed into the right rear of his truck and barley anything was damaged on his pickup... maybe a dent in his right quarter panel and a screwed up bumper... (I tried to jump the curb so I wouldn't hit another can and hit a pole so I wouldn't have to claim insurance on the car and just pay for the pole, but the right Passenger side tire blew out when I tried and slid right into him, popping the left driverside tire... Smashed my lip on my steering wheel forcing my tooth through my lip and had a gash for about 1 month, then it healed... (seatbelts sucked, they were loose like they were in an accident prior, but the car was owned by my mom until she gave it to me, when I got it it had 24k miles on it because she has M.S. and she couldn't drive anymore (she never got in an accident with this car, I am thinking since it was sitting in my garage for about 14-18 years before I had it the seatbelts wore out I don't know how, only used it once a year to make sure everything was good on the car and got it inspected, after that it went right back in the garage)... I totalled it around 44k miles, so atleast I got to put around 20k miles on it... Still wished I had the car though... There was a passanger in his car, a 11 year old kid, I am so lucky he had his seatbelt on and never got hurt at all my father would have killed me if we got sued for a good amount of cash since the accident was my fault... I was the only one injured =S darn seatbelt sucked... Since the pavement was wet, I was only going about 45-50 and slammed on my brakes locking them up( when i tried to jump the curb the brakes were not locked though) and I slid for a good 50-150

Old 05-14-2008, 04:52 PM
3rd Gear Member

Here's a little info for in case you decide to street race again. It's from a Mustang forum but it's about the same subject. Enjoy!

http://www.themustangnews.com/clubne...0508mih110.htm

Old 05-14-2008, 04:59 PM
2nd Gear member

Damn man, that was a G-ride, haha.

Quick Reply: Very funny race... BTW Buick century & Dodge charger