Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   VS (https://camaroforums.com/forum/vs-87/)
-   -   Turbo Eclipse KILL,,, Story (https://camaroforums.com/forum/vs-87/turbo-eclipse-kill-story-11852/)

BigNic 02-29-2008 07:56 PM

RE: Turbo Eclipse KILL,,, Story

couple of things here guys

A. importmd why are you starting stuff again....

B.a 3800 is more than capable of beating a turbo eclipes as someone who has done it personally in my car

C.Lee i seem to remember quite a while back you telling us about you in a 69 camaro that you were street raicing and spun into a differant lane..... were young you made mistakes when you were young no need to come down on spectar becuase hes a young guy too

D.everybody chill

SpecterGT260 02-29-2008 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Lee Willis

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

Its a good thing u werent there then. Seriously, we dont need some preacher coming into every race thread condemning street racing. How about u just lead by example
I'm not a preacher, just someone who doesn't want any idiots racing up and down his local streets at 105 mph. It's not only illegal, but its irrespnsible. I'm surprised that a moderator would make a statement like you did. Promoting or endorsing street racing like this is just wrong.

I'm about to do it the right way, by the way. It's a nice night and I'll be crusing in my 9-second Camaro (have you ever even taken a ride in a nine second car, kid?).I know I'll get some challenges, butwhen I find and set up a race, we'll take it to the track.

Grow up.

u shouldnt be too surprised because the admin have been in this section a few times saying the same thing. every street race thread started has some self righteous dude on a power trip coming in and setting up their streetcorner pulpit against the act. There is really no need to say something so condescending and then finish it off with a "grow up". Its disgustingly ironic an u really just look like a ******. the truth is no, i have never been in even a 10 second car. hopefully my TA hits 11s this year, and if so then i can finally say ive been in something faster than a 12 second car. Im not sure what ur point is. Im very proud of you for owning a 9 second car. Gold star? not really sure what ur looking for.

notice i said "every race thread". sorry to come down on u, but there are a few guys on this forum whose sole purpose in life is to search for street race threads and take a dump in them. the thread wasnt about "should i or should i not street race in a 45mph zone", it was a "i killed an eclipse, yay!". How about we just agree to stay on topic?

there wasnt any promotion or endorsing, i simply said it is not ur place to come in here and flame him for it. camaroforums.com would never endorse any type of law breaking like speeding, street racing, or circumventing emissions with a gutted cat :D

TheStig 02-29-2008 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: BigNic

A. importmd why are you starting stuff again....

The help is apprciated big nic, but importmd was just voicing his opinion and he did it respecfully as did I. I think he is alright. Hes not trying to start anything.

Lee Willis 02-29-2008 08:38 PM

It is a 408 iron block LS V8 with AFR big port heads, the short block was built by Horsepower Engineering, 11.6 compression. FAST manifold, Kochs headers, Tyranasaurous cam, etc. 540 RWHP NA with the QTP electric cutouts open, and a 275 shot NOS system (adds 245 RWHP but close to 320 RWT) in stages. The car is licensed and streetable, although with a full roll cage, no sound insulation, subframe, locker rear axle, Spec III clutch, and solid motor mounts, it is not a daily driver by any means. Fun to cruise in though.

Short night tonight. Light rain came in about 9:30, and ondrag radials it is just a handful getting home.

95slvrZ28 02-29-2008 09:14 PM

Spec, not to come down on you but your first post was a little caustic. To tell you the truth this is the first time I've seen Lee Willis condemn a streetrace, and I think that doing 105 in a 45 is a little irresponsable as well. In defense of Lee Willis, he isn't on a power trip or a street pulpit by any means and he is extremely knowledgable in the tech sections when he posts there.

Now that we're all friends again...:D

Lee it's good to see you around every once in a while, you should come back more often!

SpecterGT260 02-29-2008 09:17 PM

i wasnt saying he was the one. thats my bad, i was tyring to say that there are other people that are like that. and yes,i am a little abrasive at times

[&o]

:)

[&o]
[&:]

I agree, inner city racing is a bad idea, but ive done well over 105 in a 45, but my 45 was divided by a concrete barrier and had no intersections for over a mile :D. like i said, i wasnt trying to exactly call out willis, but the fact remains that the street/strip section is not a place for people who are overly vocal against street racing.

ninetysixyenko 02-29-2008 09:21 PM

damn, what did i stir up[>:]

and to be fast in a FWD car off the line, to acheive those numbers, requires more skill than it does in a v6 3.8.. so you'll see alot more eclipses being beat on the street.

importmd 02-29-2008 09:32 PM

man, you guys will fight this to the death..you win and so do your v6 camaros

ninetysixyenko 02-29-2008 09:56 PM

i dont disagree that eclipses are fast.. just for the average joe, a stock v6 camaro will beat a eclipse, it would prolly be different proffesionally driven, and deffently different mod for mod or money for money.

TheStig 02-29-2008 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: importmd

man, you guys will fight this to the death..you win and so do your v6 camaros
TAKE THAT BACK OR IM COMMIN AT YOU!!

jk:D