Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum

Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum (https://camaroforums.com/forum/)
-   VS (https://camaroforums.com/forum/vs-87/)
-   -   Turbo Eclipse KILL,,, Story (https://camaroforums.com/forum/vs-87/turbo-eclipse-kill-story-11852/)

350DREAMS 03-11-2007 11:48 PM

RE: Turbo Eclipse KILL,,, Story

ORIGINAL: DOWS1997RS

Y87 Auto, Cold Air, catback, his is a 5sp, i could hear the blow off valve behind me when he was shifting. He has a lot of work into it. I was surprised i won.... I had just put some 104+ in my gas tank, i wasnt sure about it but my acceleration was way faster than it has ever been.
sorry but i dont beleive u. those mods u have like the exhaust and intake probally give u 10hp TOPS depending on how well the xhaust was done. that or his car was beat to **** but man a v6 camaro IS NOT FAST.

DOWS1997RS 03-11-2007 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: BigNic

really not all that suprising that u took him exlipse turbo is pushing eh 210 215 hp once the turbo winds up so off the line your gonna crush him since ure not bone stock even after his turbo dose wind up ure close to the same horse so between his turbo lag and front wheel drive only specially if it wasnt that long of a race not a big suprize that you took him out also i doubt that the gas made much of a differance it was probly you adreneline that made ure car feel faster than ever nice kill tho
now i could see, if i said i beat a z28, mustang Gt, or Trans am, but imnot. I dont see y u dont believe me. I checked everything big Nic said and its accurated. Its only a 4cyl with turbo. wich equals to my V6,I stomped him off the line and he couldnt catch me.

Matt99camaro 03-12-2007 12:16 AM

ORIGINAL: 350DREAMS

ORIGINAL: DOWS1997RS

Y87 Auto, Cold Air, catback, his is a 5sp, i could hear the blow off valve behind me when he was shifting. He has a lot of work into it. I was surprised i won.... I had just put some 104+ in my gas tank, i wasnt sure about it but my acceleration was way faster than it has ever been.
sorry but i dont beleive u. those mods u have like the exhaust and intake probally give u 10hp TOPS depending on how well the xhaust was done. that or his car was beat to **** but man a v6 camaro IS NOT FAST.
Fast means different things to different people. What is fast to you, a 13sec car, 12, 11? The cars you got in that picture are not fast stock either, sad thing is our V6 is putting out almost asmuch power as your V8, granted it might not be stock, but whatever.

badinfluenceRS 03-12-2007 12:20 AM

I would say that the eclipse should have one...but being a stick...it depends on the driver...so ya, it's really a driver race i'd say

hp is about the same...but the eclipse is lighter i assume

ORIGINAL: 350DREAMS
350DREAMS...do you have a 350 then? or dreaming of one?

bc gen3 V8's are nothing special either...even the 350's aren't that much better perf wise than the 3.8 imo

DOWS1997RS 03-12-2007 12:36 AM

most 3gen V8's only put out around 165 HP

badinfluenceRS 03-12-2007 12:46 AM

stock 305's are 150ish i thought...

but there were some HO 305's and 350's that barely broke the 200 limit...but yes...lots of doggs in the 80's

coprunr 03-12-2007 09:26 PM

the late 5.7 TPI was rated @ 245hp....and are VERY easy to make power with...so the 3rd gen 4th gen argument is crap....the worlds fastest street car was a 3rd gen quite some time...80% of a race is driver i have seen "faster" cars loose because the driver didn't know how to drive.

badinfluenceRS 03-12-2007 10:03 PM

yes...there were a few good v8's, but those are exclusive, most are 305's

but yep...like i said...drivers race

Hawk 03-12-2007 10:26 PM

Nice kill

cplthomas 03-13-2007 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Hawk

Nice kill

yup.